This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Mobas Fry

I'm new at collecting fronts & would like to buy some mobas fry with size ranges from 2" - 3".

I'm also in the market for some Med. Calvus either inkfin, black, goldface comp, or goldhead comp.

I'm in the Houston/Pearland area. Should anyone wants to part with their precious babies, please contact me at ptn25@yahoo.com.

Re: Looking for Mobas Fry

Keep an eye open at your post on HAS website. There was a guy in Houston selling F1 frontosa juvies a couple months ago on HAS website. I think for $30 each

Comment

check out www.cyphos.com
      Deerhunter has a whole bunch for sale right this minute. They aren't as big as you like, but they are available. Plus that size would cost more. So maybe you can buy a larger colony. He is in the Houston area off of 529 and Barker Cypress.

Comment

Jolley, thanks for the notice. As a matter of fact, I picked up 4 mobas fry from Deerhunter this past weekend. I want to get another batch or two to mix up the bloodline for future breeding.

Comment

oh, cool. but doesn't he have different batches to choose from? Or did he sell them all? He is a good friend of mine. He gave me ten, but I gave them back. They just don't do anything for me. I am a tropheus and petrochromis nut.

Comment

there is a guy that i was in contact with that has some moba fry that should be ready within a month or so. i wanted to get them but cant seem to find it in my heart to get rid of my burundi's and another tank isnt in the budget right now.

here's his email,,,    Rodriguez_R {at} houworks.com
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I recently bought a batch of 5 Moba F1 from Ron R. I am looking to buy another batch from Deerhunter, but I cannot keep in touch with him. Is there anyone up here who have his email or phone #? Thanks

Comment

Dan, aka Deerhunter, has moved to Alabama. He no longer has any fish what so ever. Ron is your best bet.

Comment

Fishcrazy1 picked up all of dan's(deerhunter) stock and has the f1's for sale now I'm meeting him up friday hopefully to pick a few more. He's got a for sale ad at cyphos.com

I got ten fron dan and 5 from ron r. Both are selling for 30 ea.
                  700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Ron is in Houston and fishcrazy1 is in Beaumont. Good luck!

Comment

Ron doesn't have his next batch until mid November. Fishcrazy1 is in beaumont, it's just a little too far from Houston, but I am thinking about going to his place too.

Does anyone in Houston have adult Moba F0/F1 for sale too? Please contact me @ david@fbixtreme.com

Comment

try Alex with Ultimate Fish for F0 Moba adults. I don't think he has F1's.

Comment

Ron R told me that Ultimate Fish is not a good place to go to. Ron R himself got a few juvenile moba there, and he's complaining a lot about it. Those moba has mooning, etc. I definitely don't want to go there. I would rather wait for Ron R's frys. So Jolley, do you have any moba and/or intend to breed any? Thanks J

Comment

I only keep tropheus and petros.

Dan, aka Deerhunter, bought all of his wild caught mobas from Alex. Therefore, the fish that fishcrazy1 now owns came from Ultimate Fish. They are absolutely gorgeous fish. It's unfortunate that Ron is unhappy with his purchase from there. But you shouldn't hold one persons experience against Ultimate Fish. He must have a lot of satisfied customers because he is still in business. I am one of those customers. I have purchased a lot wild caught tropheus and petros from him. Perhaps Mike with Sunny's can order you some F0 and/or F1 mobas.

I once owned 10 wild caught mpimbwe's, but I sold them to Mike. Frontosa/Gibberosa just don't do it for me. They just aren't active enough for me. Good luck with your search.

Comment

im a bit unsatisfied with what dan's colony produces. i have three out of ten that have mooning and there are a lot of others that i have seen from his batch that are pretty bad as well.

my supposed "alpha" (grew the biggest/fastest and most dominant) has horrible mooning and i have since removed him so the next in line can move up in the line.

here's a picture of what the moba's are looking like

im gonna pull the ones with mooning after awhile if they dont color up but i doubt they will being that bad and if it does fill in it will be just covering it up.
                              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                              X