WEBSITE OUTAGE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEBSITE OUTAGE

Hi folks, I feel really bad about the website being down and I sincerely apologize. Our "great" new host suspended my account because they said the site was too resource intensive.  

Anyway, I've changed a few things around to make it less intense. I don't really like the way they operate and I don't really trust them now, so if anything goes wrong again, I will move the site to another new host. The only problem is that it may not be quite as fast as it is now, which is why I hesitate to move it. In any case, I know it was frustrating for you and 100x more frustrating for me, so I wanted to share with you what happened.  :?

As of now, we're back up and running normally.

Re: WEBSITE OUTAGE

Too resource-intensive?  I hope this isn't referring to the number of concurrent users, as I know this site's only gonna grow.  I'll keep my eyes peeled for hosts just in case.

Comment

Does that mean Gallery photos need to be smaller? Or some type of limit on number of photos?
      That's the first thing I think of as using resources, is there something else?

Jerry
      75gal heavy planted tank
      pea gravel on soil substrate
      DIY CO2
      3 zebra botias, 9 glowlights, 2 yoyo loachs, wild guppies

55gal planted
      same substrate
      DIY CO2
      1 gold, 1 zebra, 4 koi, 2 dark zebra angels, ghost & amano shrimp

Comment

I've actually already purchased a license with another host. Everything is ready to go if this host screws us one more time.  :wink:

Comment

I've actually already purchased a license with another host. Everything is ready to go if this host screws us one more time.   :wink:
          Haha very nice.  So ur still locked in on the 1st host's contract, paying the current host, and paying for a backup host just in case?  Might be time for me to click that Paypal button again.  

Comment

Yes, I'll gladly pay double to be prepared next time.  :wink:

At least we got, what, 5 great days(?), out of it.  :mrgreen:

I hope the changes I made will correct any future issues. :wink:

Comment

do you need to keep people from adding space-consuming .gifs at the end of their sigs?

:wink:

Comment

It is impossible to control everyone and everything. Thank you for staying on top of the problem. At least next time we will know what is going on. Thank you.

max

Comment

Ya Ken, maybe the host can't handle that animated avatar of urs  

Comment

Originally posted by Philistine";p="
                    do you need to keep people from adding space-consuming .gifs at the end of their sigs?

:wink:
                    haha, no, that wasn't part of it. I know I removed yours. I meant to turn off images in sigs a long time ago. You were just the first one to do it and I forgot about it. Sorry about that. I've seen boards with huge and multiple image sigs and it's hard to even follow the posts sometimes.  

Comment

Originally posted by ItsDubC";p="
                      Ya Ken, maybe the host can't handle that animated avatar of urs  
                      HAHAHAA!! I've been waiting for that...  :axe:

Comment

It was probably that crazy emoticon your so partial to  
                        :crazy:
                        Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

coookoooo     coookoooo

Comment

Do you need more money to take this on? I can contribute more next week.

Comment

Thanks for the offer daisymac. A donation would be nice, but I don't want you to feel like you have to.

Comment

Working...
                              X