150gal In-Wall Aquarium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 150gal In-Wall Aquarium

OK folks, for those of you that didn't know, I was planning on moving to a different neighborhood, but have decided to stay put. That being the case, I've decided to move forward with my original plans to build a 150gal tank into my family room wall. I'll be putting all of information, pictures, etc. here so that you can follow along with me. I'll post pictures of the space and the tank here in the next couple of days. I've never done anything remotely like this before so it should be an experience and I could use all of the help I can get from you guys/gals. Maybe I'll have a get together at my place when it's time to move the tank into place.  :wink:

Re: 150gal In-Wall Aquarium

Here is a picture of the tank and a picture of the opening that I'm going to close up. I'm going to knock out the center portion of that cove and put a 36" door in the back. The master bedroom is on the other side of it. That's how I'll access the tank. Then I'll frame out and drywall the cove to be flush with the rest of the wall. To the right of the tv is an outside wall. I'm going to put some pvc pipe through the wall. That will be where I can siphon water out into the back yard and also connect a garden hose to the pipe for new water. I'll also put in some sort of auto top-off system. I'm still thinking about all of the details, so if you can think of anything, let me know.

Comment

just say when and where and I'm there!!

Comment

Hmmmm....all I see is the Image name, description, file size and that it has been viewed (1 - time).

No pic.

I can see other pics on here just fine.  

Raul
        Raul
        PokerFace

Comment

i'm looking for an oceanic 150

where did you get yours and for how much if i may ask

Comment

How exciting! It's going to look great.  :emtthumbs:  One thing, I've heard that some chemicals and such in the actual garden hose (put there to prevent sun/weather damage) can leach out into the water and hurt (or kill) the fish. Of course, that was a couple of years ago, things could have changed since then...but just wanted to make sure...

Can't wait to follow along with the project!
            "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Originally posted by semper";p="
              i'm looking for an oceanic 150

where did you get yours and for how much if i may ask
              I got the tank, hood, and stand for $600 at a truckload sale at village tropical. Then I turned around and sold the stand and hood, so about $450 for the tank.

Comment

Originally posted by rrocket2002";p="
                Hmmmm....all I see is the Image name, description, file size and that it has been viewed (1 - time).

No pic.

I can see other pics on here just fine.  

Raul
                Hi Raul, please try again. I don't see anything wrong. Can other people see the pics?

Comment

Originally posted by Mzungu";p="
                  How exciting! It's going to look great.  :emtthumbs:  One thing, I've heard that some chemicals and such in the actual garden hose (put there to prevent sun/weather damage) can leach out into the water and hurt (or kill) the fish. Of course, that was a couple of years ago, things could have changed since then...but just wanted to make sure...

hmmm, I hadn't heard that. I've always used a hose to fill my tanks and do water changes because they've always been really big. It never seems to cause a problem, but that doesn't necessarily mean it hasn't caused some damage. I'll try to find one that is safe. Thanks! :wink:

Comment

that was a sweet deal.

congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by Mzungu";p="

Yes, I have also herd that the cheap garden hoses will emit noxus chemicals if left out in our Hot summer sun.
                      Thats why I always run the hose for a few minutes (till the water is cold) before I add the water to my fish tanks.
                      'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                      He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Okay, that's what I was thinking (running the hose for a few minutes), but I wasn't sure. Thanks for the info!! I'm sure it'll make Ken's project a tad bit easier, as well!
                        "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

ok, great. Yes, I always run it first too. Thanks!

Comment

A little bit of progress.

Comment

My wife would be SO proud of me if I did that!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
                              Smokin_Cache
                              Planning a new 150+ tank. Any suggestions?
                              Lets see what the imagination fruits.
                              Check out my last tank

Comment

Working...
                              X