Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What s the difference in a Bristle and a Bushy Nose Pleco?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What s the difference in a Bristle and a Bushy Nose Pleco?

I was told that there is a difference between bristle nose and a bushy nose pleco, if anyone does know the defference let me know please
    Never fear I is here
    David Abeles
    Vice President
    Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Re: What s the difference in a Bristle and a Bushy Nose Plec

My understanding is that both species are members of the Ancistrus Plecostimus strain, and are therefor closely related. However, with that said there are roughly 50 species of Pleco in the Ancistrus strain, and the Bushy and Bristlenose are deffinately 2 different varieties. In fact, some of the varieties are almost indistinguishable. With differences as slight as the number or length of the bristles. Basically, if you have any of the Ancistrus you have a Bushy or Bristle, and can look forward to an overall length of roughly 5" and an algae free tank.
    Consider my posts as general information based on personal experiences, and in most cases, far oversimplified. Actual mileage may vary. Don't try this at home. If symptoms persist, contact your physician.

Comment

Re: What s the difference in a Bristle and a Bushy Nose Plec

thanks for the info scott, as long as they dont eat my plants im happy. i got two of those albino bushy nose at mike's store and they are doing great already in my 29, hope to move one when it gets bigger into the 60 when it gets going
      Never fear I is here
      David Abeles
      Vice President
      Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

Working...
      X