This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Escargot shells?

This might sound weird to some, but does anyone know where I can get escargot shells in the north/northwestern Houston area?  I haven't been able to pinpoint any gourmet delis, fine food markets, or french markets that would have them anywhere.

BTW, these'll be for some shell-dwelling cichlids.

Thanks in advance  

Re: Escargot shells?

I think I have seen them at Specs. You could try calling them to see.

Ellen

Comment

You can always try the curio shops along the beach in galveston.
      they have a wonderful selection of shells from around the world.
      'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
      He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Maybe World Market? Maybe thats where I saw them...

Ellen

Comment

Thank you SO much Ellen!  Cost Plus World Market did indeed have them     $6.99 for 24 (and the container says "Made in France", which means they're as legit as possible haha)

Comment

I'm glad you found them! I knew I'd seen them somewhere recently.  

I've been thinking about having a shell-dweller tank, the pH is so high, why not? What type do you have or are you planning on getting?

Ellen

Comment

sorry to bump this thread from the dead but i bought some escargot from cost plus market and i figured the shells where in the can but when i opened it there was nothing.....

is the shells seperate? i read on the can and it didnt state wether it had shells but it did describe how you butter the shells but there were  no shells.

which escargot are you guys buying? i got the big can that is like 6 dozen.

thanks
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

The ones I saw at World Market - you could buy just a bag of shells, no slimy stuff! LOL I think it was in the same section.

Ellen

Comment

so does the can of escargot suppose to come with shells?

i didnt see any shells especially bags of it but i guess i will find out tomorrow when i go return the can i didnt open yet. :(
                  700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I'm sorry I don't remember... it's been a LOONG time!

You could probably ask the person you return the slimy part to where the escargot shells are. They should be able to help!

Ellen

Comment

yeah i googled it and it seems that the shells are sold seperately. online 2 dozen goes for like $12 so ill see what they have tomorrow and if not ill just order it online and butter up the can i already opened.

i was so excited too my multis would have loved me for it.  
                      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa";p="
                        butter up the can i already opened.
                        :sick:  :sick:  :sick: You have fun with that!  :wink: Maybe you could get some caviar while you're at it?  uke:

LOL j/k w/ ya!

Ellen

Comment

well i have ate snails before but the smaller ones you find on the lemon grass type stuff in galveston.

i know it might sound gross but when i opened the can it smelled really good  
                          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

The shell's aren't in a can.  They're in a see-thru plastic container w/ a black lid.  If I remember correctly, they were near the spice section (odd placement, ino).  I didn't see any in a bag, tho they may have changed their stock a bit a since I went there.

Let me know if u still can't find em.  I can go to the CostPlus in the Woodlands on my lunch break sometime and pinpoint exactly where they are for u.

Comment

i will go around 10-11am to see, did you have to purchase the actual escargot?

i am going to the on on champions
                              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                              X