JUne Swap n Sell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JUne Swap n Sell

Ok all, the swap n sell is rapidly approaching. I need a list of who plans to attend and if you will be bringing something to swap. I am trying to see just how much space I need to allow for the event. With this being our first attempt at this I am pretty much flying blind at this point.
    Just as a reminder, the swap n sell will be on the 24th from 9-12 with setup beginning at 7am. If you have a folding table or some lawn chairs, it would probably be a good idea to drag them along.
    Consider my posts as general information based on personal experiences, and in most cases, far oversimplified. Actual mileage may vary. Don't try this at home. If symptoms persist, contact your physician.

Re: JUne Swap n Sell

I'll be there with various africans.

Comment

I will be there.  

I don't have much to bring, but I'll bring  a few....I have a large channel catfish for one.  Think anyone would be interested in that?  

Will power be available????

Raul
      Raul
      PokerFace

Comment

Yeah, I will run as many leads as I need for those who need it.
        Consider my posts as general information based on personal experiences, and in most cases, far oversimplified. Actual mileage may vary. Don't try this at home. If symptoms persist, contact your physician.

Comment

Cool!

Remind me...Was there any cost and if so how much to seller and/or buyers?  I know this is the first time for this event and it will be live and learn.  

Didn't you give out some ground rules before?  

Raul
          Raul
          PokerFace

Comment

For the swap n sell there is no fee charged. If we do hold an auction at the end for any remaining items there would be a 10% fee charged by the club and a 5.25% sales tax which would be billed under D&S Tropicals. Due to the nature of the event, all sales for the auction will need to be on a cash only basis, no checks or credit cards. For the swap n sell portion, it would be up to each individual as to whether or not they would accept checks.

Comment

Scott,

You could prolly make some money selling drinks and food....LOL or accepting trades for drinks and food....

Raul
              Raul
              PokerFace

Comment

Hmmm,,,,fish fry!!!, hehe. Actually, any proceeds which would be generated by an auction at the end would be going towards the club fish fry which I would like to hold probably in Sept. As for the soda idea, way ahead of you, hehe.

Comment

Soda Heck!  Where is the Alcohol?  

LOL

Just kidding.  Great minds think alike.

For future reference, what about fish supplies/hardware?
                  Raul
                  PokerFace

Comment

Anything fish related. Food, filters, lighting, tanks, you name it.

Comment

I'll be there. I have never been to one of these things. Is there anything that I should bring with me? Where is it exactly?
                      Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
                      Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
                      Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
                      Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Here is a link to the LHA home page. You will find directions on the page.

Comment

Just a reminder, this Saturday is the Swap n Sell event. I look forward to seeing all of you there! Setup starts at 7AM and will run until noon or there abouts. Bring your tables and chairs as my supplies are limited.

Comment

I'm thinking about coming. I have a few silly questions, though.    Do we have to be members of anything in order to attend?? And also, I just moved from a house to an apartment, so I really don't have much in the way of chairs and tables...is there anything that you desperately need in order to make up for that? Possibly some, I dunno, surge protectors or something? (I'm new at this swap and sell thing.)

And one more, I know there's been a thread about this, but I too am guilty of keeping a few pairs of guppies in a tank (I was experimenting with feeder guppies) and now have, oh, hundreds. So, I would like to know if I could offer anyone a free meal for their carnivores, or whatever else might come up, as I am up to my ears in guppies. Let me know. I'll be bringing some plants though, for sure.

Sorry for all the questions!
                            "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

I don't think it is that official yet where you have to sign up....  Anyone is welcome to attend, right Scott?

I think all you need is just an interest in the hobby.  

What kind of guppies?  I will take a few if you are offering, but not for feeding my monsters...LOL

I might have some room on my table to share.  Regardless it might be a good idea to bring a surge.

Raul
                              Raul
                              PokerFace

Comment

Working...
                              X