make a change with gas price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• make a change with gas price

This isn't really a petition, more of a boycott. It's not wordy but who wants to read a lot of nothin. If you do sign, stick to it and don't buy from exxonmobile. At about $2.90 i'm spending almost $200 a month and I know people spending way more. Hey, hopefully exxonmobile will take a hit and make all the oil firms take a look. But if not, then it was a try. www.petitiononline.com/4272006

Re: make a change with gas price

Disclaimer: The following is my opinion and may rub you the wrong way.

Thats a nice idea but its really not feasible. If everybody actually boycotts ExxonMobile then the people they are buying from would start to get low on gas. What do they do? Buy gas from ExxonMobile to make up for their shortages. What does that do? Drive their prices up, making Exxon look cheaper, making people buy Exxon, making everybody equal again. IT SUCKS, but they have a huge monopoly on the market. Until the government steps up and makes these huge corporations controlling the market break up, then we as consumers are going to have to deal with whatever they set the price at.

Ellen

A not-so-funny note: Today gas at $2.50 is a deal, a year ago it was ridiculous. What'll be normal in a year?

Comment

Re: make a change with gas price

I just want to modify my fuel injection to burn everclear and then I will sit in the traffic jams and enjoy sniffing the exaust fumes !
      'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
      He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Working...
      X