Texas fresh water fish, help.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas fresh water fish, help.....

Ok, All of the fish in my tank are bait fish, or fish I saved from being cooked. I'm having a slight problem gettin my sunperch to eat any thing. I've had the him for about a month, and jus yesterday he finally ate another fish. I have had sunperch before but they are always great and never had this.....issue. So I guess my question is, Will he be ok? Is he jus gettin used to tank life? (~FYI~I have always had bait fish and rescues...lol)

Re: Texas fresh water fish, help.....

You ought to sign up for the safari. Will he be OK? Mercy I am just a human. Life does not come with any guarentees except that it will end some day. I have some perch in my pond but they belong to God. That is I don't feed them regularly or take care of them. What do you feed your sun perch? Have you tried red worms, mosquito larvae, grindle worms, crickets, meal worms, beef heart, frozen brine shrimp, blood worms, minnows, guppies, goldfish, or daphnia magna. Maybe he is a picky eater.

max

Comment

once upon a time..... long, long ago and far, far away
      my kids caught a small sun perch and brought him to me.  I tossed him in a 10g in the basement and forgot about him.  The next time I saw him there was about 2" of water in the tank and he had to swim on an incline to get arround.   So the kids named him "DieHard" and I moved him to the comunity 40g in the living room.  We kept him about 3 years and released him in the lake where the kids cought him when we moved back to Houston.    They are really a pretty fish when they color up and they are tough as nails.  You'll be better off training him to eat sinking peletts but he will always love live food.... worms, bugs and small fish.
      'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
      He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

My room mate is getting all sad because my sun perch is now starting to eat the goldfish's fine off. I had to explain to her that they are his food. Then she said (you will get a kick out of this) "If I put a fish in your tank and it eat's my fish's fins off, I'm going to catch it, and cut it's fins off and put it back in the tak to see if he likes it!" Needless to say none of her fish in my tank...

Comment

Doh! 8O

Comment

Well I got some more rescue fish.  A red bellied sunperch, and a war mouth(a.k.a. goggle eye perch). and my striped sun perch is not happy. LOL My new fish are bigger than him, and moved him out from his spot under the big rock. I also got a baby red ear turtle, but it's going to be too hard to fix the 30 for him. If any one has a 10 gal. thats just the tank to sell, please let me know. Keep in mind I'm a poor college student...lol

Comment

Working...
            X