Crawfish season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crawfish season.

I am curious to see if any one ever put a crawfish into their cichlid tank? can the crawfish kill my cichlid?hmmmm..

Re: Crawfish season.

Yes, I've had one in my tank. The crawfish only lasted about a week. I asked around and people said as much would happen, but I had to find out for myself. I found out alright. I advise against it.  :wink:

Comment

Oscars only eat 2 things
      things that move that they can get in their mouths
      and things that don't move that they can get in their mouth.

I boil my crawfish first - eat the tail and give the sicklids the head to play with.  
      'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
      He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

That sounds like as good an approach as any.

Mmmmm, crawfish.  Time for some mudbugs and beer.

Comment

I managed to keep 2 crawfish alive for over a year in a tank with one large oscar.  
          However, that's because they were just about the biggest crawfish i'd ever seen - rescued from a boil.  
          Both were about 6 or 7 inches, not including claws.  

But that doesn't mean Oscar didn't try to consume them every waking moment...
          I'm pretty sure he would have been down for some mudbugs and beer.

Comment

I've got a few mounts popping up around my house and was wondering what the best way to catch them is?

Where is a good place to buy live ones these days?
            "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" -- Benjamin Frankli
            n

Comment

Fiesta, asian markets, etc.

there are places that sell cooked that is really good too. When we were younger we would piss into the mounds to force them up....  but this was a really long time ago. I think warm, hot water would get them out of there.
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
              X