cichlids anyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cichlids anyone

It seems like everyone in this website only has livebearers and bettas. If anyone has a cichlid you can push the "new topic" button and start a new topic. I don't suppose anyone has any interest in any cichlids that don't come from Africa and would like to create another forum.

max

Re: cichlids anyone

Well Max, see it's like this, those of us with Africans guard our secrets so jealously that we just can't bring ourselves to make disclosures about our hidden treasures. With so many species to chose from we are so wrapped up in deciding what we want to raise that we just don't have the time to discuss it. It's hard work deciding on Peacocks, Electric Blues, Labidochromis, Borleyi, Frontosa, Hongi, and so many more that the list could go on forever. And then, once you finally decide what you want, then you have to spend all that time making the tank(s) look just so, then comes the water chemistry, the lighting, propper substrate to make each occupant as comfortable as possible. On and on it goes, so you see, we just don't have the time for idle chit chat.
    Consider my posts as general information based on personal experiences, and in most cases, far oversimplified. Actual mileage may vary. Don't try this at home. If symptoms persist, contact your physician.

Comment

I guess that explains why the cichlid topics are the most popular. I guess there is no way a beginner can get started and learn anything about it.

max

Comment

See, I told you it was all a big secret. You know how us cichlid breeders are, we skulk in dark alleyways, always looking for the big score. "Ooooo, Mbipwe Blue's, this must be my lucky day".
        Consider my posts as general information based on personal experiences, and in most cases, far oversimplified. Actual mileage may vary. Don't try this at home. If symptoms persist, contact your physician.

Comment

I don't have time for this silly cichlid chit chat I am going to watch my Melanochromis auratus.

max

Comment

You guys are killing me over here.

Comment

It's funny y'all should bring this up.  My next tank will probably be either a rocky chiclid tank or just a big one like an oscar or red devil that I can feed my molly culls to.

Comment

While I admit that the Africans have beautiful color, nothing has ever been more beautiful IMHO that a south american tank.   I love the wood and the roots and the plants and the big beautiful SA cichlids.   I kept a pirana for a while is that a cichlid ?
                'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Working...
                X