really good recipes for moonshine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• really good recipes for moonshine

I have some really good recipes for moonshine that are basicly sugar & yeast...... I can see the merger of two great hobbies  

after about a week the yeast has maxed out and you have 5% lightning.
    Just put the bottle in the freezer and let the excess water freeze.  Then enjoy the stuff that doesen't.    ANTIFREEZE  
    'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Re: Co2 recipes?

That's what I'm talkin' about!

Comment

Ginger Beer - 1819
      1 Gallon water
      1 ounce ginger root
      1 lb. sugar
      2 ounces lemon juice
      yeast, 1/2 pint per 9 gallons liquor
      isinglass, 1/2 pint per 9 gallons liquor
      Time to completion: 2 weeks.

To every gallon of spring water add one ounce of sliced white ginger, one pound of common loaf sugar, and two ounces of lemon juice, or three large tablespoonfuls; boil it near an hour, and take off the scum; then run it through a hair sieve into a tub, and when cool (viz. 70 degrees) add yeast in proportion of half a pint to nine gallons; keep it in a temperate situation two days, during which it may be stirred six or eight times; then put it into a cask, which must be kept full, and the yeast taken off at the bung-hole with a spoon. In a fortnight add half a pint of fining (isinglass picked and steeped in beer) to nine gallons, which will, if it has been properly fermented, clear it by ascent. The cask must be kept full, and the rising particles taken off at the bung-hole. When fine (which may be expected in twenty-four hours) bottle cork it well, and in summer it will be ripe and fit to drink in a fortnight.

(From the Family Receipt Book, etc., 1819.)
      'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
      He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

yeast

Comment

Working...
        X