New Livebearers Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Livebearers Forum

Allow me to present to you by popular demand... [drum roll] ...The Livebearers Forum!! 8)

Re: New Livebearers Forum

Fantastic!

max

Comment

If you build it, they will come  

So now can we have one for Bettas ?
      'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
      He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

I hope so.

max

Comment

Originally posted by PhishPhreek";p="
          If you build it, they will come  

So now can we have one for Bettas ?
          Hey, if you can tell me it will get used, I'll create it. Also, word has it that you've got a betta club. Is it a local club? Let me know if you'd like me to add your club to the SouthEast Aquarists Club category.

Comment

Our home page is
            BettaHabari

and we are currently usingt a yahoo message board
            The BettaHabari Society Club

I also maintain a betta home page
            Tips & Tricks
            'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
            He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

If you ever bought a betta at Wall Mart  these are from another planet. The fins and color are fantastic. It takes a little imagination to recognize they are the same species lol.

max

Comment

Not unlike the fancy guppies

In the pet stores you get mass produced fish from medium quality stock.
                like getting a puppy from the pound
                But if you want to compete on the show circuit you need to invest the big bucks on top of the line breeders that come from stock with a pedegree / a long record of wins.

But it takes more than good stock to produce winners.  
                You have to control the water quality, the diet and even daily exercise so that they will flare big & bold for the judges   :king:

Comment

True on the wal-mart bettas.  Although if find a wal-mart where the person in charge of the pet dept. is halfway concerned with doing their job the bettas are in decent shape even if they are run of the mill.  I think I talked to a guy on the now defunct aqua addictions board that says he bred some wal-mart bettas and got some good traits after about four generations.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Comment

I think this livbearers forum has more about bettas we should just change the name.
                    -mark

Comment

Hehe, phreaks let me cram it down your throat betta forum? That does have a ring to it. I would keep bettas myself, but I just cant justify making the space for 12,000 dixie cups.
                      Consider my posts as general information based on personal experiences, and in most cases, far oversimplified. Actual mileage may vary. Don't try this at home. If symptoms persist, contact your physician.

Comment

This website has grown like a wild fire. At one time ( a month or less ago ) we did not have a livebearers forum or a betta forum if you can believe that. We did not even have a livebearers club. I guess in the process of building this website so fast some of the things we did and said could be said better or placed better now but it just was not possible back then. That the topics are mixed is a testamony to the cooperation that went into putting things together so fast. lol

max

Comment

Just goes to show that the knowledge gleened in one aspect of the hobby is relevant to many others.

Free advice is usually worth what you pay for it, but on this board I've seen nothing but great suggestions.   Thanks All

Comment

Working...
                          X