Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NASH contestants

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mzungu
    replied
    Any time! Glad they're working well for ya. :)

    Leave a comment:


  • Darbex
    replied
    Just an FYI. If anyone wants to go this route and buy them. I ordered some in and they look great very bright especially compared to the stock bulbs. Thanks MB for the heads up on this one.

    Leave a comment:


  • Darbex
    replied
    Oh you are right I selected the wrong one when I pasted on here. Thanks the daylight one is the one I wanted to order. Sorry for the confusion all.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mzungu
    replied
    Great seller you found, Darbex. I've ordered from them before when I ordered my bulbs. You might want to consider this bulb, though:

    I've had almost all of the color combos this seller has of the Realux lights, and the pink is pretty pink. But either the one I linked above or even the pink and blue bulb looks a bit better for a single-bulb tank. :)

    Leave a comment:


  • Darbex
    replied
    Ok I want to place the order soon. Any more takers I have 4 bulbs so far of the Realux

    Leave a comment:


  • kwc1974
    replied
    The light that comes with the JBJ system is good for plants, the bulb needs to be switched out to a different color temp (6500k to 10,000k this is to be selected to your taste). But as a low light to mid light rig it is ok. If a high light set up is required then yes a different light fixture or additonal light fixture would be required. coralife makes a good "Mini 9" that has 2 9w bulbs in it and would be more than enough.

    Your lighting needs are going to be based on what kind of layout you do. Some plants will burn under too much light, so low lighting is good. An hc carpet on the other hand will require more light. This is the grey area where upgrading from the original foot print is required.

    Me personaly, I have not decided about lighting yet. The plants I have selected for my layout do not required high light so I might augment, replace or leave it at the 9w fixture that came with the tank.

    By no means get trapped into the 9w on a 3G tank = 3w/g. This method does not work well on small tanks, if at all.

    Also, if you will notice the light has telescoping arms. Play with this as you can lower the light closer to the water line or further. This will change how much light gets into the tank. The closer the light is to the water the less "spill out" you will have.

    Leave a comment:


  • Darbex
    replied
    What will be needed? Higher wattage?

    Leave a comment:


  • beaver24
    replied
    I shouldn't say it wont work! It will grow low light plants. If you want to achieve a foreground (hc, hm,) this will def not work.

    Leave a comment:


  • Darbex
    replied
    Originally posted by beaver24 View Post
    I don't think these lights are going to work....very weak even if you upgrade the bulb....
    What do you mean?

    Leave a comment:


  • beaver24
    replied
    I don't think these lights are going to work....very weak even if you upgrade the bulb....

    Leave a comment:


  • danielp
    replied
    Count me in on the purchase if you get enough takers. Either bulb is fine.

    Leave a comment:


  • kwc1974
    replied
    interesting find on the Realux

    Leave a comment:


  • Darbex
    replied
    Someone actually contacted me and suggested Realux and that they might have 9W. So I found some on Ebay they are $4 each but they are 8K bulbs. http://cgi.ebay.com/9W-Realux-PL-Lig...QQcmdZViewItem

    So we have two options $2 4Ks or $4 8Ks. Tell me what you all think I am leaning toward the 8Ks since I am looking for highlights but can be swayed.

    Leave a comment:


  • Darbex
    replied
    Actually I stand corrected Amazon is having a sale on this one. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0017U1K1K

    Only $1.90 a bulb and if we group buy it we can save on shipping. It would be $26 where as the other one would be $38 with shipping for a case of 10

    Leave a comment:


  • Darbex
    started a topic NASH contestants

    NASH contestants

    I have found 9 watt replacement bulbs for the 50/50 bulbs that come with the JBJ tank for the contest. The are 9W 4100K CF bulbs. http://www.lightbulbdirect.com/Merch...Code=CF9DS-41K

    They come in packs of 10 for $29.50. These are the cheapest per bulb with the highest output I can find. However, I only need two so who wants in on a group buy. I will buy them if I can get people to get the remaining 8. Whos in?
Working...
X