Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 40 gal breeder SPS dominated BAREBOTTOM Tank build

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TexmexVin590
    replied
    Coool

    Leave a comment:


  • nemosworld
    replied
    Originally posted by Darbex View Post
    I was wondering if this was Felix or a mimic. Can't wait to see how this progesses.

    Leave a comment:


  • nemosworld
    replied
    MyJohnson:
    Thanks for having me. been waiting for the salt section to get bigger, this new build gives me a reason to become more active on here. plus i like the site layout, easier to post stuff. i.e vidz and stuff.

    Leave a comment:


  • nemosworld
    replied
    Got the lights mounted to the canopy and the canopy hanged.







    Might add some more leds to brighten the corners, though they look brighter in person. thinking of a getting leds from stevesled and heatsink and drivers from rapidled, they even got a cool dimming switch. Thinking 12 led's 6 on eah side, giving me a total of 36 leds on this system.
    was thinking of just getting pr 38's, but the cost of two bulbs are more than a diy kit. I see why people want the sol blue's, the whites on the sol white over power the blues a lot. not sad about it, just an observation.
    Overall i'm happy with my build.
    here's a quick vid i did with my new camera, d300s, still learning to shoot vid with it. there is no auto fucus, so i have to do everything manually.
    Last edited by nemosworld; 02-25-2011, 11:51 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • myjohnson
    replied
    Nice to have you on the box bro!

    Leave a comment:


  • nemosworld
    replied
    cichlid1409:
    whats the total water volume with the sump and refugium?
    Ruffly 60 gallons, could be more. not sure
    also what was the purpose of putting the divider in at ~45 degree angle in your fuge?
    it was done that way to allow the water to flow gently over the top and kep my water level at the level i wanted, without going out and buy another piece of glass for the baffle. this piece is 11 inches tall.
    does that help in some way?
    for me yes, it allows me to keep the water flowing into the fuge from blawing the sand all around, that why i have the rocks in that area as well, and it also gives me more room for the sand bed and and water in the next area if i decide to cut another piece to hold the chaeto in it's on chamber giving me room for other macro's in the sand bed.

    I like the idea of a school of chromis and 1-2 wrasses.
    me too, or chromis and cardinals

    Leave a comment:


  • cichlid1409
    replied
    whats the total water volume with the sump and refugium?

    also what was the purpose of putting the divider in at ~45 degree angle in your fuge? does that help in some way?

    I like the idea of a school of chromis and 1-2 wrasses.

    Leave a comment:


  • Darbex
    replied
    I was wondering if this was Felix or a mimic. Can't wait to see how this progesses.

    Leave a comment:


  • soymilk
    replied
    It's not bleached. Bleached woulda been the first few weeks I put the lights on. I'm thinking poor husbandry on my part and maybe aefw. All montipora ok... Acro ...
    Not so good.

    I stopped dipping because I had a bad experience with coralrx. I think that's what I did wrong. Shoulda found a different dip.

    Leave a comment:


  • nemosworld
    replied
    you killed all your ora corals? or you bleached them with all that led power? hopefully i can hang the canopy this weekend.

    Leave a comment:


  • soymilk
    replied
    Hey Felix lol. Set up looks great so far. Been following along. Hopefully youll have better luck with sps than Ive had. Switching my tank to Lps dominate...

    Leave a comment:


  • nemosworld
    replied
    Thanks! not sure yet, still have to mount the light, I plan on getting more leds to cover the spread on the sides as my single AI sol doesn't cover the whole tank.
    plus i need to plumb in the chiller and either my kalk reactor or the calcium reactor, plus i need to add an ATo.
    as far as livestock, since it's sps only, and will have high flow, i need to find fish that are strong swimmers, i know for sure i want a rhomboid wrasse or two.
    maybe some cardinals and a couple of chromis, or a school of fairy wrasses, that's another option.

    for the fuge i am thinking of getting a few more diff macro to keep phosphates and nitrates at bay. I do feed my fish more than once per day.
    No clown fish for this one, i have two at work, so if i have to bring them home, they will be no issue dropping them in.
    I'll post picks of that tank in another thread soon.

    Leave a comment:


  • cichlid1409
    replied
    nice setup, how long til you start putting some livestock in there?

    Leave a comment:


  • My 40 gal breeder SPS dominated BAREBOTTOM Tank build

    Stand by JHenry
    aqueon 40BR
    AQUEON 20L FUGE
    20L SUMP
    NEXTREEF REACTOR
    BUBBLE MAGUS NAC 5
    QUIET ONE 3000 RETURN
    VORTECH MP10
    KORALIA EVO 1050'S
    AQUAILLUMINATION LED LIGHTS
    DIY CAL REACTOR
    MILWAUKEE PH CONTROLLER

    PICS:
Working...
X