Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Katrina 5 years ago

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • danielp
    replied
    Originally posted by Delock View Post
    danielp,

    your job sucks...no not really but first responders!

    I have alot of respect for you!

    Thanks Delock.

    I'm the Resource Supply Chief. I manage a group that supplies, inventories and maintains everything needed for our team to get their job done in the hot zone.

    I very much so enjoy what i do. It's thinking outside the box at it's best.

    Been doing it for along time.

    Leave a comment:


  • Delock
    replied
    danielp,

    your job sucks...no not really but first responders!

    I have alot of respect for you!

    Leave a comment:


  • danielp
    replied
    I agree with all points of view.

    I'm a Federal contract ER responder and i've been involved with Columbia, Katrina, Ike, Rita, Gustauv, BP and dozen's of other not so news worthy disasters.

    I'm simply reflecting on what was one of the craziest times in my life.

    There has been worse and it will continue to happen.

    Mother nature controls us in ways no one really thinks about but at days end truly holds a powerful checks and balances card.

    Look at what's happening in China, Pakistan, California yearly with the wild fires etc etc.

    Leave a comment:


  • Delock
    replied
    Let me say this...before you speak on something. Think about what you would have done if you were in that situation.

    Leave a comment:


  • Delock
    replied
    fishboyt,

    1. People still do remember 9/11. 5,10,15 years anniversary are somewhat big in the media
    2. You should care at least as a Human..but I will pass!
    3. New Orleans is not doing fine. The lower ninth ward is still not 50% .Outside the French Quarter and the Superdome NO is not even 75%.
    4. The levees actually fail during the storm.
    5. Miami and most of Florida are better prepared for hurricanes then most gulf coast cities.

    Leave a comment:


  • myjohnson
    replied
    Thank you!

    You are so wise for your age Sir.

    Leave a comment:


  • fishboyt
    replied
    I hate how everyone pays more attention to Katrina hitting New Orleans than they do 9/11. I get sick of hearing about Katrina and at this point, I just don't care. New Orleans is doing fine. Katrina didn't flood that city, the levees failed the day AFTER the storm hit. They should be as concerned about Houston getting hit by Ike, but they aren't. Miami, Florida was hit harder than New Orleans was by the same storm. It's funny how people forget the ones who were most devastated. Sorry, but I can't stand it anymore. People need to move on.

    Leave a comment:


  • myjohnson
    replied
    I don't really care about Kat....but Ike still scares me.

    I can't have lights going out for that long.

    Leave a comment:


  • danielp
    replied
    I agree that we wound up with a lot of BS issues we never should have had to deal with.

    Every Parish around New Orleans rebuilt. There are still 20,000 homes that need demoloshed in New Orleans and sit unclaimed.

    New Mayor and Police Chief are in place. Will see what happens.

    Bottom line is NO sits below sea level and it's going to happen again.

    Leave a comment:


  • JAYGEE
    replied
    Im with the last 2 posters.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sea-agg09
    replied
    No comment on this... I doubt I could say anything without pissing quite a few people off...

    Leave a comment:


  • newb
    replied
    Im way over it by now...of coarse im biased because the locals now call themselves my neighbors...funny how so many people LOVE New Orleans but yet most of them never went home???

    Leave a comment:


  • danielp
    started a topic Katrina 5 years ago

    Katrina 5 years ago

    Wow hard to believe that it's been 5 years.

    What a devastating time in our history.

    I witnessed the damage 1st hand and I have 100's of pictures and it's still hard to comprehend how bad it was.
Working...
X