Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pea puffer "Isle of Lesbos" set up

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • LooksLater
    replied
    Originally posted by ometh View Post
    Good point. Reason being for the 2.5 is because it's just an extra tank I have lying around. I might get an Ada tank or something instead
    I love those picos for shrimp and snails...they're like little candy dishes for inverts. We're re-doing a rimless 2g now for our tylos and hoping to put some sulawesi shrimp in it when it's settled in.

    Leave a comment:


  • ometh
    replied
    Good point. Reason being for the 2.5 is because it's just an extra tank I have lying around. I might get an Ada tank or something instead

    Leave a comment:


  • LooksLater
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris.d514 View Post
    This is what I am looking at getting her sometime this summer after we make our disney world trip (got to have money for the kid to spend there). http://www.amazon.com/Fluval-Nano-Sh...2692990&sr=1-6
    That's exactly what I've got! And I love it...honestly, I'm itching to buy another one, and set them side-by-side when we convert this one to shrimp, later.

    Originally posted by holly.d514 View Post
    Where did you buy your puffer from? I'm thinking we will get 2 females so they have company.
    I doubt that they would still have them by the time you guys get a tank ready, but no worries-they pop up fairly regularly here and there, you just have to be patient and keep checking. The 2 females are working out pretty good for me so far, but honestly my plan is to move them over to a 20g planted so that I can have a proper harem- 1 male to 2-3 females. Like we were saying last night, always buy the biggest tank you can afford, it will save you the hassle of having to upgrade later!

    Leave a comment:


  • holly.d514
    replied
    Where did you buy your puffer from? I'm thinking we will get 2 females so they have company.

    Leave a comment:


  • Chris.d514
    replied
    This is what I am looking at getting her sometime this summer after we make our disney world trip (got to have money for the kid to spend there). http://www.amazon.com/Fluval-Nano-Sh...2692990&sr=1-6

    Leave a comment:


  • LooksLater
    replied
    Originally posted by ometh View Post
    Lol feed them to the puffers. Anyways I've been wanting to set up a 2.5 pea puffer tank but I don't know where to get them :( I'm guessing fish gallery right?
    I wouldn't want to keep one in a 2.5...why so small!

    Leave a comment:


  • LooksLater
    replied
    Originally posted by aquabee View Post
    Love it. I'm waiting on my bank account to settle after dropping 500 smackaroos on fish and lights this weekend. Next is a dwarf puffer tank! SO cute! Or maybe I'll convert my Fluval Flora (which is basically the same as an Ebi) into a dwarf puffer tank. Although I'd have to get rid of my yellow shrimp, which would suck. Hmm.
    You should totally do that! And you wouldn't have to get rid of the skrimps, we keep 20-30 RCS in here, the puffers pick off one every once in awhile but they have enough hiding places that they would never be able to knock the numbers down too far...plus I try to keep the girls well-fed!

    Leave a comment:


  • ometh
    replied
    Lol feed them to the puffers. Anyways I've been wanting to set up a 2.5 pea puffer tank but I don't know where to get them :( I'm guessing fish gallery right?

    Leave a comment:


  • LooksLater
    replied
    Originally posted by myjohnson View Post
    +1!

    This tank is very pimp!

    Plants have grown in very nice. :)
    Thanks, Thai. I'm having trouble with that crypt spiralis in the back but other than that I'm pretty happy with it all. I just keep stuffing it with more and more plants trying to see if there is such a thing as too much! I got some blyxa japonica yesterday to try out...woot!

    Leave a comment:


  • aquabee
    replied
    Love it. I'm waiting on my bank account to settle after dropping 500 smackaroos on fish and lights this weekend. Next is a dwarf puffer tank! SO cute! Or maybe I'll convert my Fluval Flora (which is basically the same as an Ebi) into a dwarf puffer tank. Although I'd have to get rid of my yellow shrimp, which would suck. Hmm.

    Leave a comment:


  • LooksLater
    replied
    Originally posted by holly.d514 View Post
    So I absolutely love your tank!! After seeing last night, I think my hubby says I might be able to get a tank and some pea puffers. I do have a question. Are Indian Puffers and Pea Puffers the same? When I was researching some this morning they seemed to be different but on here they seem the same. It's going to be a few months before we actually get one since we are going to set up a tank and let it run for a long time (not the evil tank because it actually cracked this morning so it's trash now)
    Yes, same thing different name. Indian Dwarf Puffers is how they are referred to in a lot of literature, but if you say that most people say, huh? Pea Puffers?
    They are a really fun tank, but yes- having one up and cycled fully is a must- da puffs are super sensitive to ammonia, nitrites and nitrates so they usually can't make it through a start-up. :(
    And that'll give you guys some time to try your hand at plants, pea puffers love thickly planted digs, so that'll work out!

    Hhahah! That's funny- the cursed tank finally bit the dust, eh?! BE GONE, YE EVIL THING!!!! Oh well, that's the best excuse there is to get a new- and better- one!!

    Leave a comment:


  • myjohnson
    replied
    +1!

    This tank is very pimp!

    Plants have grown in very nice. :)

    Leave a comment:


  • holly.d514
    replied
    So I absolutely love your tank!! After seeing last night, I think my hubby says I might be able to get a tank and some pea puffers. I do have a question. Are Indian Puffers and Pea Puffers the same? When I was researching some this morning they seemed to be different but on here they seem the same. It's going to be a few months before we actually get one since we are going to set up a tank and let it run for a long time (not the evil tank because it actually cracked this morning so it's trash now)

    Leave a comment:


  • LooksLater
    replied
    Originally posted by TexSun View Post
    Looks great! Can't wait to get some of these lil guys!
    Thanks! I adore them, they are so fun.

    Leave a comment:


  • LooksLater
    replied
    Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
    Think you could do a trio in that size tank with adequate structure.


    I kept a trio in a 2.5g and they worked out well. They kept the RCS population at bay and never fought.
    That's because you're the W/C king!!!

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X