Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Traveling from San Antonio with fish

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Complexity
    replied
    Okay, that's good to know.

    Leave a comment:


  • eklikewhoa
    replied
    I've only seen breather bags with other hobbyist and only to ship ornamental shrimp.

    I wouldn't trust them for anything else.

    Leave a comment:


  • Complexity
    replied
    But are they regular bags or breather bags?

    Leave a comment:


  • eklikewhoa
    replied
    Imported fish are shipped overseas in bags.

    Leave a comment:


  • Complexity
    replied
    I'm not concerned about spilling. I'm thinking of what's best for the fish. I've thought about going to Dave's Fish in San Antonio for some peacocks, and have wondered what the best way would be to bring them back. I didn't know fish would do so well for such a long time in a bag with oxygen.

    Leave a comment:


  • eklikewhoa
    replied
    Buckets spill...

    Leave a comment:


  • cichlid1409
    replied
    Originally posted by Complexity View Post
    Is leaving the fish bagged better than putting them in a tub with a bubbler?
    about the same in my book.

    Leave a comment:


  • eklikewhoa
    replied
    I would leave them bagged if filled with oxygen.

    Leave a comment:


  • Complexity
    replied
    Is leaving the fish bagged better than putting them in a tub with a bubbler?

    Leave a comment:


  • eklikewhoa
    replied
    Ask the shop to bag in bigger bags to hold more water o2 and double bag. Stryofoam box would help keep the temps stable.

    I've gone overnight at times while at work with no problems

    Leave a comment:


  • TaTeR ToT
    replied
    No it shouldn't, my fiance and I came back from Dallas 4.5 hours with a sw. Yellow watchmen goby. And an anemone crab. They did fine. So it shouldn't be an issuebif properly bagged.

    Leave a comment:


  • Capt Roy
    started a topic Traveling from San Antonio with fish

    Traveling from San Antonio with fish

    I'm going to San Antonio tomorrow for Thanksgiving and coming back Saturday afternoon... I'll check out the fish stores while I'm there Friday... If I see something I want would it stress them to much to drive them home with me... I would pick them up on the way out of town Saturday..About 4-5 hours to my house.. I have a styrofoam ice chest to put them in..

    Thanks,

    Capt Roy
Working...
X