Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pet Fish Peeves

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mdwalt
    replied
    - people who collect wild fish, put them into a bucket, take them home and dump them into their aquarium and hope they live. when they die a few days later, they "just go catch some more."

    - people who dump their "undesirable" fish into the bayou. ("the fish got too big for my tank", "I don't like it anymore", "I want to keep something else", etc.)

    Leave a comment:


  • cms6175
    replied
    Originally posted by Nickintex View Post
    because they are hybrids...
    got ya, i guess people are that way about fish, as much as they are about parrots (birds), breeding 2 to make anew look.....

    Leave a comment:


  • Zulaab
    replied
    Everyone hurricane Ike favorite. Pay a ton of money for fish, spend 0 on a backup solution for power outages.

    Leave a comment:


  • myjohnson
    replied
    People that spend so much money on fishes just to let them die b/c they are cheap on filters.

    Leave a comment:


  • Zulaab
    replied
    Asking why their fish dies only after having them for a few months to learn that they have never done a water change. (I didnt know I had to do water changes and cleaning the filter)

    Leave a comment:


  • Rico
    replied
    i really dont think parrots are hybrids. they look more like deformed midas. back on topic. when people dont listen when im trying to help with selecting their fish. they will crowd a 10gal with african cichlids just because of the 1" per galllon rule.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nickintex
    replied
    Originally posted by cms6175 View Post
    why parrots?
    because they are hybrids...

    Leave a comment:


  • cms6175
    replied
    Originally posted by Mzungu View Post
    7. Parrot Cichlids!
    why parrots?

    Leave a comment:


  • tam
    replied
    some nice fish gets to big to keep

    Leave a comment:


  • FuzzyDragon09
    replied
    Fish food that molds with one touch of my finger.

    Seriously, I bought it, picked some out and used it, then just a few days later it's covered with green mold. Did this twice. I threw out the old batch and then bought new and it did the same thing. Different food from the same company was fine and didn't mold. Weird...

    EDIT: Oh I forgot I also agree with the tattooed /dyed fish, Nick. Super fish pet peeve.

    Another one: People who are close minded and believe what they want to hear about any topic but especially fish. The ones that are 100% positive that fish will be fine in a bowl and that they won't grow any bigger than when you first see them. Because it's a fish and doesn't need the basics like any other creature. Btw: this is just from stories I have heard. I just shake my head and wonder where those people left their brains.
    Last edited by FuzzyDragon09; 08-19-2009, 11:06 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Complexity
    replied
    How the most beautiful fish are also the most aggressive so you can't have a whole tank full of them.

    Leave a comment:


  • Terrybo
    replied
    Heaters that malfunction and cook a whole tank of fish!

    Leave a comment:


  • 76dragon
    replied
    Everyone else can get asian red arrowanas but the US..

    Leave a comment:


  • stevenallenbarnard
    replied
    the price some people try to sell flowerhorns for! :furious:

    the fact that Texas has soooo many restricted species.

    and last but not least.............NICK................j/k..........

    Leave a comment:


  • Mzungu
    replied
    7. Parrot Cichlids!

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X