With lineage I strongly agree, the problem is that the culture behind keeping these fish is not present.
I mostly prefer purchasing new imports rather than a handoff from fellow hobbyist due to this. Down the line someone retains pertinent info and the problem continues to be passed on.
Poor stock is added to the mix or even different variants allowed to breed within. Then the "label" gets thrown around to fetch the dollar.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Lunangwa South Colony birth
Collapse
X
-
Re: Lunangwa South Colony birth
Good stuff they could very well been connected one time
Leave a comment:
-
though never a direct statement has been brought to life that the two are connected physically there has been many topics to why the similarities exist. Evolution does play a big role but there was something along the line that helped.Originally posted by thedude View PostNot really trying to put another smart *** in the mix but...the fishes of Lake Tanganyika are not of marine origin. The lake has never adjoined a marine ecosystem. I believe they are instead the product on something called covergent evolution wherein unrelated organisims in similar environments develope similar characteristics.
I believe it does matter how far downline fry are from the same colony. Cats from the same barnyard start being born without tail after just a few generation if no new blood is introduced. I do agree there's no way to control what people do with the fish they breed. the community on this forum is about the best thing a hobbiest could have going for him if he cares about that sort of thing.
Too many unexplained instances.
Leave a comment:
-
There's no such thing as an overpriced fish. There's a limited market. But there is always someone willing to pay the "overpriced" amount someone asks for the fish. It's a matter of finding that person.
Leave a comment:
-
Just ask yourself, what is your fish really worth to you? And how much would you sell them for, thats how most people that overpriced their fish price their fish. Also it has to do with availability of a certain species even if its WC or notOriginally posted by LordBarron7692 View Postok unrelated but somewhat related how do people determine how much to sell a fish for because obviously a WC fish will command a higher price but how is it that some fish seem to be overpriced as compared to other fish?
Leave a comment:
-
ok unrelated but somewhat related how do people determine how much to sell a fish for because obviously a WC fish will command a higher price but how is it that some fish seem to be overpriced as compared to other fish?
Leave a comment:
-
i couldnt agree with you more. Well saidOriginally posted by thedude View PostNot really trying to put another smart *** in the mix but...the fishes of Lake Tanganyika are not of marine origin. The lake has never adjoined a marine ecosystem. I believe they are instead the product on something called covergent evolution wherein unrelated organisims in similar environments develope similar characteristics.
I believe it does matter how far downline fry are from the same colony. Cats from the same barnyard start being born without tail after just a few generation if no new blood is introduced. I do agree there's no way to control what people do with the fish they breed. the community on this forum is about the best thing a hobbiest could have going for him if he cares about that sort of thing.
Leave a comment:
-
Not really trying to put another smart *** in the mix but...the fishes of Lake Tanganyika are not of marine origin. The lake has never adjoined a marine ecosystem. I believe they are instead the product on something called covergent evolution wherein unrelated organisims in similar environments develope similar characteristics.Originally posted by eklikewhoa View PostYou're slowly learning!
Google translate is a beast!
Now to get technical as to origin, they came from a great ocean which is what lake tang is thought to be a part of in prior life due to the resemblance of many organisms found in the lake.
I believe it does matter how far downline fry are from the same colony. Cats from the same barnyard start being born without tail after just a few generation if no new blood is introduced. I do agree there's no way to control what people do with the fish they breed. the community on this forum is about the best thing a hobbiest could have going for him if he cares about that sort of thing.
Leave a comment:
-
Lol you think you gonna survive of one catfishOriginally posted by eklikewhoa View PostEhh nothing spectacular.
Bored of the hobby, only keeping the random catfish and water in case the apocalypse happens so I have something to eat.
Leave a comment:
-
I have a few koi that the awesome virginia gave me along with some reject catfish.
Leave a comment:
-
Ehh nothing spectacular.
Bored of the hobby, only keeping the random catfish and water in case the apocalypse happens so I have something to eat.
Leave a comment:
-
Your tank plus the inhabitantsOriginally posted by eklikewhoa View PostThread of what beast?
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: