Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Growing out

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • bethesdaboy
    replied
    This thread has much potential.

    Leave a comment:


  • Zulaab
    replied
    Damn I do have foot in mouth disease

    Leave a comment:


  • eklikewhoa
    replied
    Originally posted by Zulaab View Post
    If Mom does not strip, then its survival of the fittest.


    Leave a comment:


  • Zulaab
    replied
    If Mom does not strip, then its survival of the fittest.

    Leave a comment:


  • Zulaab
    replied
    Ek -- I am serious.. there is at least 30+ yellow labs, and they dont make 1/3 of the total number of fish in the tank.

    I am guessing at 75-100 Peacock in the tank. I will not be able to keep them once they are about 1.5-2" because I will not have the space. I am going to grow out some of them to 3.5+ because I owe a friend of mine a Trio of German Red Shoulders, but after that I am not going to do this again until Mom brings me more.. and right now her tank has almost all the female peacocks holding again

    Leave a comment:


  • eklikewhoa
    replied
    Keep them all!

    Leave a comment:


  • Zulaab
    started a topic Growing out

    Growing out

    A few months ago we upgraded mom's 75 to a AGA 90 RR because she didnt like the look of the overflow box. Well we decided to catch all the females holding and strip them so we could grow out a few fish.

    Well 3 months later the fry has grow a little and a few older yellow labs where caught too in the rebuild so mom this week sent me all of the fry, because she isnt interested in having close to 100 fry in her tanks any more.

    She kept about 20 German Red Shoulder Peacocks, and when she has an extra male and about 4 females, she is going to send me the rest to sell off..

    I wanted to show a picture of what is coming along. Since I am able to tell you which ones are yellow labs I will entertain offers for them, but till the peacocks are grown a little more, I am not going to be able to tell you if they are Aulonocara stuartgranti "German Red Shoulder" or Sciaenochromis fryeri Both fish exists in the tank and I dont know which fish my mom stripped.


Working...
X