Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keeping Tropheus in a pond.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • jeebus
    replied
    Can the water be heated economically outdoors?

    Leave a comment:


  • fshfrk
    replied
    Window in the pond. huh. I like this ideal. someone posted about regal plastics last week I saved it to favorites. they say they do custom work. I will call them monday. Buy a 400 gal or 800gal pond and see if they will install a acrylic window. or we could install it ourselfs. 2500.00 for that fish farm is to high a price for me.
    I was going to keep trophs in the pond out side but changed my mind when I relized I spent $1500.00 this winter heating 2 outside ponds. I traded my breakfast romm table & chairs to make room for the pond inside the house.

    Leave a comment:


  • jeebus
    replied
    Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
    I thought about this....

    Custom fiberglass pond with an acrylic window would be optimal for viewing. Otherwise just pretend what they look like from above.
    Dang it. I had thought the SAME thing. To make a viewing window though you'd have to dig out and make a side-wall to the pond.

    Then it would be like having an outdoor tank. That would be pretty cool.

    Leave a comment:


  • algarciajr
    replied
    Originally posted by jeebus View Post
    What do you suppose the optimal way to watch trophs in a pond would be?
    I would mainly be putting them in a pond to grow them out and see what it does for their colors. I figure there would be plenty of algae for them to graze on all day and also be exposed to some sunlight. I have been wanting to an experiment on pond raised versus tank.

    Something like this maybe.

    Last edited by algarciajr; 04-11-2009, 11:13 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • eklikewhoa
    replied
    I thought about this....

    Custom fiberglass pond with an acrylic window would be optimal for viewing. Otherwise just pretend what they look like from above.

    Leave a comment:


  • jeebus
    replied
    What do you suppose the optimal way to watch trophs in a pond would be?

    I'd be interested in a pond too, but it just seems like they would be very hard to see. :lupe:
    Last edited by jeebus; 04-11-2009, 10:03 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • eklikewhoa
    replied
    I don't think John has made the jump to putting them in the pond yet.... it's been cold from what he said.

    Leave a comment:


  • imagirlgeek
    replied
    And didn't fshfrk have a pond o' trophs?

    Leave a comment:


  • eklikewhoa
    replied
    Phung - 76dragon keeps his trophs in ponds.

    Leave a comment:


  • algarciajr
    started a topic Keeping Tropheus in a pond.

    Keeping Tropheus in a pond.

    I have been thinking about setting up a small pond to keep some tropheus fry while we have warmer weather and then bringing them inside as it cools down. Did anyone on the box ever setup a pond with tropheus. I was wondering how they did and looking for advice.

    Thanks
    Al
Working...
X