Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to Houston

Hi everyone,
    This site seems like it may be dying off, but I hope not because it's ideal for me and my situation.
    I just found out I will be stationed in Houston starting this summer and figured I should start finding out what the fish keeping scene is like down there. (although I suppose I should figure out where I am going to live first, but I was never good with priorities lol). So where does everyone get there fish from? Are there some highly recommended LFS's around there? Also being from a cold weather climate most my life, this was never possible, but does it stay warm enough down there to have tropical fish outdoors year round (obviously a heater would be needed, and maybe like an insulated cover, but is it something that can be done realistically?

I have been keeping fish since as long as I remember, but keeping fish of my own probably since like 2000. I'm originally from NY, but I've been stationed in San Diego and Atlantic City for the last 8 years (4 years each). Other interests would probably be finding a park and playing pick up basketball.

Hi
    Yeah seems like many of these forums have taken a downturn. Even the bigger ones used to have a busy community but just checked and most recent posts are months ago...

A few years ago the hobby was booming but with many of the popular importers closing down and many people leaving the hobby a lot of these places are now ghost towns...

Anyway ,Good Luck...

Comment

Yeah. Seems monster fish keepers is the only one that is still really active.

Comment

Welcome to houston

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I get my fish from Fish Gallery, Fish Land, Aquatic Warehouse, and Aqua Zoo.

Comment

Nice thank you. I'll check those places out for sure.

Comment

welcome.we have pretty good auctions couple times a year.not sure when the next one is.what kind of fish you keep?I dont go to shops much but if i do ultimate fish,aqua zoo,adg,fishland,aqua warehouse

Comment

Yeah I emailed to get on the email list for the Houston aquarium society but haven't gotten added yet,
                I keep all types of cichlids. Primarily CA/SA.

Comment

Welcome to the Box !!

Comment

Originally posted by supadave View Post
                    Welcome to the Box !!
                    Thanks. Glad to be here.

Comment

Working...
                    X