what i have learned about gold mollies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what i have learned about gold mollies

1. i like the girls - friendly, beautiful, interested, interesting, interactive, joyful... perfect for my classroom. i can see these in a doctor waiting room (like dustin's "no maintenance" tank).
    2. i don't like the boys, horn-dogs, interested in ONE thang...
    3. they breed like rabbits. trying to give them away is like trying to give away kittens.
    4. my next project is to separate into gender tanks. i have two 40 gallon breeders in my classroom to do this, when school starts in august.
    5. they thrive in anubias/pothos tanks. nitrates are zero!
    6. tank is algae free. mollies nibble on algae.
    6.5 mollies like banana, steamed sweet potato, cantaloupe, steamed broccoli, smushed green peas, corn. dabs of canned cat food, bits of dry cat kibble, they don't like steamed carrots.
    7. total success as far as I am concerned. highly recommend!
    Last edited by ladykemma2; 06-29-2018, 10:15 AM.

Update

I learned that I have mutt mollies. I thought that the lyre Tails were the boys, and the ones that were huge with the great big white bellies/ plain tails were girls.

Well, I learned that they are two different species as I had a bunch of huge ones with the big, white bellies hit puberty this week and now I discovered that my favorite fish that I thought were girls are really boys!

Go see my freak out on the planted tank forum called "mollies- losing my mind"

Now my male/ female ratio is really off and I have one female in particular who's really being ganged up on. More later.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6820 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
    X