Activity & Geo/SA tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Activity & Geo/SA tank

HFB seems less active than it used to be. Gonna start a geo tank, see what path that leads me down lol. Will be my first SA cichlid tank and I don't really know what I'm doing or what to expect. Just gonna keep doing water changes and feeding them. It's my 125g and has a wet/dry (rated for 150g) running right now and will have a 2252(shorter version of the 2262) once I replace the pump. The magnet swelled and I can't get it out, also without knowing exactly how old the pump is I figured it's time to replace the whole thing. Got 2 geophagus surinamensis yesterday from Xtreme, nice place, although after doing a small amount of research online I suspect the are actually Altifrons. Will be looking into that further, either way I'm fine with it. I'll be adding more once I have the funds and my tank is running properly. Going to try to vent them today to see if I got a m/f pair or a m/m pair, I'm suspecting the latter. They aren't mature yet maybe 2.5"-3" so hopefully big enough to tell. Would like to eventually add a school of tetras too.
    20g mixed reef

I agree about the decrease in activity. I think we should bring back commenting in the Buy, Sale, Trade threads. It seems like 90% of the threads started nowadays are in the BST section of this site. It may spur more interest in hobbyist to ask questions and advice about what they are buying (difficulty level, tank mates, diet) then move towards the rest of the forum to get more detailed advise.

I feel like there's been a steady decline in activity ever since commenting got banded a few years back due to negative comments. Hopefully we can move on from that and get this site rolling again.

Comment

I think the downfall of HFB is Facebook groups. The I see posts on Facebook groups are posts that would usually be posted here. I don't think people just getting into the hobby realize the amount of information that's on HFB.
      20g mixed reef

Comment

bump

Comment

Working...
        X