Any ideas on how to fix this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any ideas on how to fix this?

The plastic trim around the too of my oceanic 72 gallon bow front broke and I had to rig it with a piece of wood to keep the glass top from falling in. Anyone know of a way to fix this? TIA
    Attached Files

If there is a noticeable gap between the pieces, then I would guess the front glass has lost support. If they line up then you could cement a piece of plastic over, and preferably under also, to the area with the crack making sure to overlap the crack by about 2 inches on with side. The cement (glue) would have to be non toxic so not to affect the inhabitants. Or you would have to keep your water level a half an inch or more below the fixed area so that the glued area was not submerged and leaching chemicals into tank. Or contact manufacturer for replacement plastic top rim and replace yourself or have a repair service do it for you. Aquarium reseal request here will probably find a few people to do it for you if you do not feel comfortable.

Don’t know if any of this nonsense helps.

Comment

looks like the front panel no longer has the brace supported. so next option i would do is get a panel of glass cut to replace the center plastic brace and seal it from the front to the back panel to replace the broken brace. I wouldnt trust trying to weld that plastic back together. without that brace overtime the tank will bow and explode from the pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by Ballinxalex View Post
        looks like the front panel no longer has the brace supported. so next option i would do is get a panel of glass cut to replace the center plastic brace and seal it from the front to the back panel to replace the broken brace. I wouldnt trust trying to weld that plastic back together. without that brace overtime the tank will bow and explode from the pressure.
        Yes that's my fear, I'm looking for a new tank now, thanks!

Comment

for your tank its repairable with the center glass brace but id sleep better with a new tank

Comment

Originally posted by Ballinxalex View Post
            for your tank its repairable with the center glass brace but id sleep better with a new tank
            Found a brand new tank local for $260 and bought it.....now the fun part will be transferring some discuss along with over 20 Cory's that won't stop breeding! 🙃

Comment

Sweet man! Peace of mind for sure knowing that at least this is a new aquarium!

Comment

Originally posted by Rare View Post
                Sweet man! Peace of mind for sure knowing that at least this is a new aquarium!
                Yes, now I am just dreading transferring everything over! Haha thanks for the feedback everyone

Comment

Working...
                X