Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How large can an upstairs aquarium be?

I know a little about fish.
    Yes... tried the stud finder on the carpet and it was acting crazy. Tried the ceiling below and it seems to confirm that the studs are running front to back. I am going to stick with the 75 gallon. Don't want to take any chances.

Was just measuring the Family Room downstairs and a 72" x 24" x 30" should work very nicely instead.

That will be the last one! (I need to keep telling myself this)
    3200G - Koi pond with planted bog pond
    675G - Black Arowana, Giant Gourami, Silver Dollars, Mono Sebae, Geo Surinamensis, Nicaraguense, Tinfoil Barbs, Balas, Roselines
    300G - Discus, Angels, Surinamensis, Keyhole Cichlids, Rainbow Cichlids, Black Ghost, Tetras, Corys
    300G - Severums, Fesitvum, Chocolate, Brasiliensis, Electric Blue Acaras, Rainbows, Filament Barbs, Silver Arowana (grow out)
    200G - African Cichlids (Malawi)
    75G - African Cichlids (Malawi) grow out
    65G - Green Terrors, Monos (grow out) - not sure what to do with this aquarium

Dagon
    Quote Originally Posted by sayersweb View Post
    Yes... tried the stud finder on the carpet and it was acting crazy. Tried the ceiling below and it seems to confirm that the studs are running front to back. I am going to stick with the 75 gallon. Don't want to take any chances.

Was just measuring the Family Room downstairs and a 72" x 24" x 30" should work very nicely instead.

That will be the last one! (I need to keep telling myself this)
    awesome, just saw your signature. post up some pics of that monster 700g and 300g!!!
    300G WC Zaire Moliro Frontosa Breeders 4M-9F
    210G Phenochilus Tanzania Sapphire Breeders 3M-7F, F1 Zaire Moliro Juvies,Clown Loaches
    40G Pheno Star Sapphire Fry
    40G Holding tank

Quote Originally Posted by Ballinxalex View Post
    awesome, just saw your signature. post up some pics of that monster 700g and 300g!!!
    I do need to take some photos... I've tried a few times, but they never look as good as I think they should.
    675G - Black Arowana, Giant Gourami, Silver Dollars, Mono Sebae, Geo Surinamensis, Nicaraguense, Tinfoil Barbs, Balas, Roselines
    300G - Discus, Angels, Surinamensis, Keyhole Cichlids, Rainbow Cichlids, Black Ghost, Tetras, Corys
    300G - Severums, Fesitvum, Chocolate, Brasiliensis, Electric Blue Acaras, Rainbows, Filament Barbs, Silver Arowana (grow out)

Ended up getting a 300 gallon for the family room... 96 x 24" x 30". No need for a bigger aquarium upstairs after all.

Over the long weekend I set up the new 300 (including overflow/sump plumbing), moved the Discus and Angel community to it. Re-scaped the 200 and moved the Malawi cishlids to it from the 75 gallon. Also, re-scaped the other 300 twice, the second time was due to a new large piece of wood, which had to be held down by boulders and has now turned the water brown.

Also changed my sig to more accurately show the big aquarium as 675 instead of 700... 120" x 36" x 36".

I am as close to Dagon as you can get.
    Post some pix when you are ready sir
    010G Long fin BN grow-out
    020G Electric blue, Red Fin Borleye FOR SALE
    020G Leulepi grow-out
    020G Leulepi, Julidochromis, chalinochromis, BN breeder
    030G Leulepi breeder
    030G SRD FlowerHorn
    040G Hongi Sweden breeder
    090G Tangs community
    100G Tangs community
    150G Cyphos Moba & Leulepi

Look at me! I'm new here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sayersweb View Post
    Ended up getting a 300 gallon for the family room... 96 x 24" x 30". No need for a bigger aquarium upstairs after all.

Over the long weekend I set up the new 300 (including overflow/sump plumbing), moved the Discus and Angel community to it. Re-scaped the 200 and moved the Malawi cishlids to it from the 75 gallon. Also, re-scaped the other 300 twice, the second time was due to a new large piece of wood, which had to be held down by boulders and has now turned the water brown.

Also changed my sig to more accurately show the big aquarium as 675 instead of 700... 120" x 36" x 36".
    I'd love to see your newest setup, Sayers. You seem like you know what you're doing. For one, I'm such a newbie I wouldn't even consider that an aquarium could be too big to be upstairs. You live and you learn I guess.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2