Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm completely baffled about water being cloudy HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm completely baffled about water being cloudy HELP!!!

I have a 25G cube and a 40 G bowlfront. The latter has optimal water clarity whereas the 25G is always cloudy regardless of what i tried. Below are the steps i took and failed. Please, someome, help!

Cut down on feeding.
    Added Purigen + carbon.
    Frequent WC several times a wk.
    Lot of existing plants.
    Sandbed removed but prlblem still persisted.
    RO water @ 2ppm TDS

there were time out of deperation i did a 90% WC and expected the water to have atleast moderate clarity. It didnt help much :(

If you are performing tank cycling, sandbed not suppose to be removed , 90% WC change will also restart cycling again. Keep in mind, PATIENCE. Each tank has different condition, depend on the number of the fish, temperature, lighting... some tank will take up more than 2 month to see the expexted result. Removed any live stock, change 25% water every 3 days, test ammonia daily, if ammonia increased, do 35% WC.

Comment

Tank is 1 YO. Led lighting but i dont think thats the culprit. 12 neon tertras. Room temp.
      Last edited by spongebob281; 07-10-2017, 07:10 PM.

Comment

How long are your lights "on" per day?
        What type of substrate do you have.
        Thank you,
        AndrewH

Comment

Also, what type if filter are you running on each tank?
          Thank you,
          AndrewH

Comment

I have 2HOB filters with floss and ceramic rings for the bacteria to colonize. My light run about 6-8 hrs a day and my plants are taking off. I have 15lbs of sands from a LFS for substrate.

My fish are little pooping machines but still shouldnt get this cloudy. Ive seen tanks at the store jam packed with fish and their water isnt this bad.
            Last edited by spongebob281; 07-13-2017, 02:49 AM.

Comment

Are there any fish within the cloudy tank should could be keeping the substrate stirred up?
              Thank you,
              AndrewH

Comment

Working...
              X