180 Gallon Hap and Peacock biotope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 180 Gallon Hap and Peacock biotope

Hey everyone, glad to be a part of the community. I have 2 breeding pairs of cyrtocara moorii, 2 bi-color 500's, breeding group of yellow blaze lithobates, a fire hap variant of protomelas taeniolatis, 2 male placidochromis phenochilus, breeding group of copadichromis ovatus, breeding pair of protomelas spilinotus tanzania, protomelas spilinotus mara rocks, protomelas stevenii Taiwan reef, strawberry peacock, breeding pair of buccochromis nototaenia, alaunocara rubencens breeding pair, breeding pair of venustus, sunshine peacock, ngara flame tail breeding pair, albino peacock, an OB peacock and one of my favorites the ivory head mloto. I also have five synodontis catfish and a couple of albino BN plecos.
    Attached Files

Also a little about the filtration, I built a 40 gallon sump with the first chamber consisting of an aragonite fluidized bed, second chamber mechanical filtration and a third for chemical filtration. I'm also running two denitrification reactors and a pothos plant in the sump. Zero nitrites with two heavy feedings daily and water quality is impeccable.

Comment

Very nice tank...That background is amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by thegoodlife View Post
        Very nice tank...That background is amazing!
        Thank you very much, it's a custom sized "Malawi" background from Universal Rocks. I built the overflow into it so none of the filtration is visible.

Comment

Originally posted by caldwelldaniel26 View Post
          Thank you very much, it's a custom sized "Malawi" background from Universal Rocks. I built the overflow into it so none of the filtration is visible.
          Very cool...sometimes I wish I didn't have so many tanks so I could afford to go all out on one tank like that...maybe one day!😁

Comment

Originally posted by thegoodlife View Post
            Very cool...sometimes I wish I didn't have so many tanks so I could afford to go all out on one tank like that...maybe one day!
            I only have two and it keeps me busy lol. But I know what you mean, it gets expensive. I've got close to $5000 invested so far. The background was about $550 shipped but well worth it IMO.

Comment

Nice !!

Comment

Thanks bro it's definitely been a labor of love. It's a nice tribute to the ones that were lost when my previous 180 ruptured and lost the entire stock and all the flooring in my house

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Fantastic looking tank. Lots of blue! I don't see the notos. Are they in there somewhere? Should be pretty large if they are of breeding size. Well done!
                  210G Malawi haps, peacocks, and clown loaches
                  135G buccochromis rhoadesii & 135G Malawi haps & peacocks
                  125G aristochromis christi & 125G Malawi hap & old clown loaches
                  90G star sapphire
                  75G buccochromis rhoadesii
                  55G ?
                  30G aulonacara Midnight & 30G eclectochromis fry

Comment

Yeah here's a pic of the maleIMG_0127.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by sountfc View Post
                      Fantastic looking tank. Lots of blue! I don't see the notos. Are they in there somewhere? Should be pretty large if they are of breeding size. Well done!
                      I am going to take more pictures when the water clears up from the fluidized sand bed lol. I swear fish are like kids when you're taking pictures though, never where you want them to be. Thanks for the compliment though.

Comment

Pretty low res, so hard to see him. I'd like to compare him to mine. Post more when you have them!

Originally posted by caldwelldaniel26 View Post
                        Yeah here's a pic of the male[ATTACH]33686[/ATTACH]

210G Malawi haps, peacocks, and clown loaches
                        135G buccochromis rhoadesii & 135G Malawi haps & peacocks
                        125G aristochromis christi & 125G Malawi hap & old clown loaches
                        90G star sapphire
                        75G buccochromis rhoadesii
                        55G ?
                        30G aulonacara Midnight & 30G eclectochromis fry

Comment

I don't know why the pictures I post keep going to such low resolution, the original is very high quality...

Comment

Working...
                          X