HELP, I'm Moving to East Texas & Need Aquarium/Fish Transportation Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP, I'm Moving to East Texas & Need Aquarium/Fish Transportation Info

I'm moving in a month and need to find out the following info please!

1)If I get Petsmart to add air to the bags, will my fish (Otto cats, neons, kuhli loach, nerites) & plants survive 6-10 hours bagged up? Plan on getting enough bags from Petsmart to double bag all bags and will be bagging up my HOB filter media and some water & tank gravel as well.

2) I plan to keep all bags of fish/plants/water/gravel in a Styrofoam cooler in the hatchback area of the car. Anything else I would need to do to ensure safe travel?

3) I am assuming mixing a few gallons of pre move tank water with the "new rural" water will help the fish, plants & snails to acclimate to new water (20g long) I also plan on adding weekly doses of Seachem Stability to be on the safe side for the first month. Does this sound about right am I missing anything I should be doing?

Put them into a bucket with a battery operated air pump. Use the current water to fill the bucket. When you get the new tank setup, drip acclimate them to the new water. You shouldn't have any problems

Comment

Agree with the above recommendation. Much better option than bagging.

Comment

Thank you!!
        Any idea where I can get a cheap battery operated air pump? Also, what is the best way to cover the bucket, I'm going to be dealing with some poor road conditions and I want the water to stay in the bucket!

Comment

Get a 5 gallon bucket from home Depot with a lid. Cut a small hole in the top and drop the airline in. Get a bait bubbler from any outdoor store or Amazon

Comment

Working...
          X