Aquarium TV Stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aquarium TV Stand

Usually don't post very much but I do enjoy reading everyone else's post and getting some new ideas for my tanks. So I had a 55 gallon sitting around in my garage and I needed a stand for it. Thought it would be cool to make it sit low and I can use the top to sit my TV on. This as far as I got with the project and you can see there is a small door for feeding. Then for cleaning all I have to do is move the TV and lift up the hinged top lid. My lights just came in the mail today and I will have to get them mounted before I paint and move it into the house.....

Attached Files

not a bad idea but i would beware of the moisture coming from the tank that might cause the tv to stop working prematurely.

Comment

Just about finished it up.

I took the led light brackets and flipped them over. By doing this I could mount the lights to the lid and I would have to deal with moving them if I need to get in the tank for cleaning.

The play sand I added ended up clouding the tank, so I did a water change and I think I will have to do another one.

I have to install the heater and the air line then it will be ready for the fish to be moved over.....
      Attached Files

Comment

Did another water change and that really helped out a lot. Added the fish from my daughters tank and that's it, I'm done with this sucker.......

Attached Files

Comment

That looks sweet. Is there no filtration?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

200 - African cichlids
          72 - Salty Bow Front
          33 Cube - community
          10's - Freshwater Shrimp

Comment

Originally posted by BrAin View Post
            That looks sweet. Is there no filtration?

Thank you it turned out better that I thought it was.. The filter is kind of hard to see, I will get a picture of it when open it back up again. I used a AquaClear 110 that I use to use on my 90 gallon. I wanted to put the biggest filter I could so I didn't have to get in it all the time......

Comment

Brian,
              I did a cleaning the other day and here you can see the filter better. Then also in the second picture, all I have to do is move the tv over to a chair to get in for cleaning.

Attached Files

Comment

Cool.

200 - African cichlids
                72 - Salty Bow Front
                33 Cube - community
                10's - Freshwater Shrimp

Comment

Totally cool project man! That turns out brilliant.

Comment

Very nice job!
                    Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Awesome project!

Don't think I would ever have the TV on though. I would just sit and watch the fish
                      Thank you,
                      AndrewH

Comment

Working...
                      X