Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I find Texas Holey Rock AKA Holey limestone in the wild?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I find Texas Holey Rock AKA Holey limestone in the wild?

Does anyone know a great piece of land or a general area of where I should look for this rock? I live College Station but don't mind making a drive to get some of this rock for free. I know cleaning it really good is an important part before it's ready for the tank but I don't mind spending a full day or two doing this.

Thanks!

Bandera Area is a good area. I feel the rock is of the Whiter color than up past the San Antonio area. There is a Soils and Rock Landscaping supply yard off of 59 and Wilcrest that is closing in April that is selling their inventory off for .25 cents a pound. I picked up some pretty nice pieces there.

Comment

ive seen some around san marcos parks and san antonio but they seem more on the tan side of color

Comment

Originally posted by Yeahdaddy View Post
        Bandera Area is a good area. I feel the rock is of the Whiter color than up past the San Antonio area. There is a Soils and Rock Landscaping supply yard off of 59 and Wilcrest that is closing in April that is selling their inventory off for .25 cents a pound. I picked up some pretty nice pieces there.
        do you rememeber the name of the supply yard?

Comment

My apologies for my slow reply. Below is the yard in South West Houston. I asked the owner to spread the Mountain of Holey rock out two weeks ago and he said he would do so.

Natural Earth Products Company
          10919 Stancliff Rd
          Houston TX 77099

Comment

Originally posted by Yeahdaddy View Post
            My apologies for my slow reply. Below is the yard in South West Houston. I asked the owner to spread the Mountain of Holey rock out two weeks ago and he said he would do so.

Natural Earth Products Company
            10919 Stancliff Rd
            Houston TX 77099

sounds like its nepco.

are they closing down?

Comment

I got all mine in kerrville

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

It is NEPCO for short and yes they are closing down. I believe in mid April.

Comment

Working...
                X