Getting back into the hobby!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting back into the hobby!

Hello! I'm new to the box. I was very involved in aquariums mainly freshwater about 7 years ago. I was actually part of the Dallas Fishbox for a long time. My girlfriend suggested I should get back into the hobby Thursday morning and by Thursday night I already had the tank bought of Craigslist. Set it up Friday morning and put my first set of fish in there Saturday night. Nothing big, just a good size 55G. For now. I'm aiming for an African Cichlid tank and so far I think it's going great.

As as a side question, I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find honeycomb limestone in the wild or any rock yards that would sell it for cheap. I know I would have to clean it but I don't mind doing that. I am actually located in College Station but wouldn't mind driving if it means getting this awesome rock for my tank. It's what I mostly need to complete my set up.

Anyways, here's an album of my setup http://imgur.com/a/BEFJ9 Any criticism is welcomed. Glad to be back!

Welcome to the box and welcome back to the hobby...Nice clean 55 gallon you picked up...Good luck in your search for decent holey rock...Keep us updated!

Comment

Welcome back to the hobby

Comment

Welcome

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome to the Box!
          Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Looks nice and clean. I like the dark substrate - it will bring out the colors in the cichlids. Unless you just like the look, you don't need the air-stones buried under the substrate - you will get plenty of oxygenation because of the HOB filters - in fact, too much aeration will cause algae buildup. Just an fyi. Welcome back to the hobby.
            -Cpirnie3

Comment

I can get you honeycomb limestone, how big or how many pieces do you need?
              Shoot me a PM

Comment

Looks pretty good tank!

Comment

Working...
                X