ladykemma2 says hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ladykemma2 says hello!

lurking for a while, until i had something to say today!

typical noob three years ago, killed the first goldfish in a classroom tank, not knowing anything about goldfish abuse or cycling. well. i know it now!

first incarnation of a betta tank was two years ago- another classroom tank, with a betta named fluffy and two panda cories. finally learned what i was doing.

did my first "show-off tank" - a tank at my house. very proud. i am into low tech heavily planted tanks with substrate. into the whole ecosystem thing including the concept of clean up crew. I have turned on various high school students to aquaria as well. fan of various you-tubers whose videos showed me what to do.

resisting multiple tank syndrome so far. lack of money keeps me sane.

i learned about houston fish box from a fellow employee of alief isd, a maintenance man who helped me with an aquarium problem last month when my classroom aquarium sprang a leak.

this morning my 10 cories all had a spawning, wow! what a sight! i've never seen that before. and all at once too (blushes)

HI!
    Last edited by ladykemma2; 03-12-2017, 03:55 PM.

Welcome! I've learned tons on here, and its always been a great resource. It was nice to meet you, and I hope the tiger lotus does well for you!

Here are some old pics of some of my tanks:

Comment

Welcome! And hey!
      Do you have any pictures you'd care to show?
      Also, how is Fluffy doing?

Comment

Welcome to the Box!
        Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

fluffy is doing great, for a blind betta! (walmart rescue)

Comment

Working...
          X