Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will ro membrane mess up

I bought a used rodi system.
    Well to find out the di canister was setup after carbon then the output went into ro membrane instead of going though ro membrane then di resin. Will this mess up membrane and i should just buy new membrane or is it ok just for fish and i wont drink water after membrane.or juat use my membrane in it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

I was told chlorine is what breaks a membrane. I would set it up correctly and test before using on the tank as a precaution. Check TDS and chloramine/ chlorine. All should be zero after resin.

Side note: I had TDS issues recently and found out my water pressure wasn't high enough. I had to buy a booster pump.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

200 - African cichlids
    72 - Salty Bow Front
    33 Cube - community
    10's - Freshwater Shrimp

Comment

Originally posted by BrAin View Post
      I was told chlorine is what breaks a membrane. I would set it up correctly and test before using on the tank as a precaution. Check TDS and chloramine/ chlorine. All should be zero after resin.

Side note: I had TDS issues recently and found out my water pressure wasn't high enough. I had to buy a booster pump.

Thanks yeah i set it up right. Now. I have 60 psi coming out of water then goes to 2 sediment filters then 2 carbon filters then ro membrane still at 60 psi comi g out then to dual di filters. Pre di tds is 5ppm and at exit 0ppm. But only have a 75g a day ro membrane. I didnt use the one i bought used. Wonder if i can add another membrane. To make 150g a day. I want to start making water for my house instead of going. To buy bottle water.

Comment

I wouldn't drink that long term. Drinking water has dissolved minerals. I wonder what "good" drinking water test at. My tap is 600 but it's not good until I run it through carbon.
        Most 150 GPD systems are dual membrane.

200 - African cichlids
        72 - Salty Bow Front
        33 Cube - community
        10's - Freshwater Shrimp

Comment

Yeah i want to drink the ro water not after the di stage. Yeah my tap was at 670ppm im going to test my wifes watermill express water tommorrow to see hiw close i can get. Im taking it to leslie pool and they can do a comparison.

Comment

Working...
          X