Well?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well?

I have a very interesting situation going on in my tank I need some advise on.

Have a yellow cichlid hovering in a corner, digging up the gravel, just puffing away. I've offered her a tad of food every evening which she totally ignores. This has been going on for more than 4 weeks. She looks fine. Her belly looks full but how can that be since she hasn't eaten in weeks? If she's mouth brooding, wouldn't she have puffed her babies out by now? Any idea what's going on?

LIB

Originally posted by Perriwrinkle View Post
    I have a very interesting situation going on in my tank I need some advise on.

Have a yellow cichlid hovering in a corner, digging up the gravel, just puffing away. I've offered her a tad of food every evening which she totally ignores. This has been going on for more than 4 weeks. She looks fine. Her belly looks full but how can that be since she hasn't eaten in weeks? If she's mouth brooding, wouldn't she have puffed her babies out by now? Any idea what's going on?

LIB
    23 views and not one comment?

Comment

pull her and strip her. Hold her mouth open and face down. baby's will pore out.
      Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Originally posted by troy tucker View Post
        pull her and strip her. Hold her mouth open and face down. baby's will pore out.
        Troy, help me here. Strip her?

LIB

Comment

I caught her in a net, pulled her out of the water, opened her mouth and didn't see a thing! So far, all she's doing is sitting on the bottom, opening and closing her mouth. False alarm? Wouldn't she be hungry by now? LIB

Comment

Is she wagging from side to side? Have you seen any stringy white poop coming out of her? How are your water parameters?

Comment

sounds like she is sick.
              Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Originally posted by troy tucker View Post
                sounds like she is sick.
                She just sits on the bottom, coming out of her little nest she built in the gravel, swimming around a few minutes, then heading back to the nest. I've had her separated from the rest of the population, not wanting her little family to become lunch to the rest. The netting is very small so I don't believe the babies could have slipped through into the rest of the tank. How much longer should I keep her separated? Thanks for your input and have a Happy New Year .

LIB

Comment

Pic might help. Are fins closed all the time?
                  Emerald Green Rainbowfish
                  Yellow Rabbit Snails

Comment

Sure sounds like a mouth full of babies to me, but most times they will spit the babys if you net them.

Comment

It would be great if you had picture

Comment

Working...
                      X