Epiphany ; pond net ;

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epiphany ; pond net ;

Each fall I try to get danios out of my pond and 30' "river". I made large nets from lace material, etc (minnow net are to coarse and trap some fish).Nothing worked well. I never use the leaf bags that come with lawnmowers, but I hate to throw away the bags, so I have a few. If air goes through them , water must also, duh. So I clamped one across the end of my river ; now I turn off the pump and herd the fish down stream. Still working in the pond itself.

Some problems; I stirred up silt, it went into the bag and plugged it. And fish don't like to go down stream. But with the pump off, I was able to net some danios off the flagstone bottom, and some did go into the bag. I got about 50 which I guess is half of the stream; I think that will leave a few hundred in the pond.
    Last edited by blacksmith37; 11-06-2016, 03:57 PM.

Comment

unrelated to the net idea, I have screwed up. I put about 20 danios in a 45 that had angels, tetras and 3 danios. They were looking fine for 6 hours. This noon all the new fish were dead. The pond temp is 71.5 the 45 tank is 79, I floated them about 1/2 hour, but it is the only difference I can think of; same water ,same food. About 30 danios went in a 30 (at 72 ) and they all seem to be there .

Comment

Working...
      X