Pond digging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pond digging

I need someone to come dig a koi pond. Anyone know someone that can come out? I'm in Baytown.
    Could fit a small excavator through gate if needed.
    thanks
    Al
    281-615-7379

How big and what soil do you have ? I have sand ( Huntsville) and I hand dug 3' deep X 10' long , and it was no problem when I was 60 years old. Clays are very tough to dig.

Comment

Allen,

Are you doing another pond? I would do 2' below and 2' above, or 3' below and 1' above.This way frogs or other critters do not get into the pond or prevent grass when you mow your yard, also heavy rain, run off or even flooding.

Will you do a liner pond? with or without cement liner or walls all the way from top to bottom? IMO, It is not a good time to dig the hole if you plan to have a liner pond because after you dig a hole, you would need to put the liner right down to prevent cave-in in the pond hole from the rains. I made that mistake and regretted it.

Comment

I have gumbo and it is very tough to dig. I have done it before. This time I will have it dug.
        I ended up moving so I'm trying to get my new pond built so I can move my koi too!
        The plan is 3' below ground and 1' above. Different depths from 18" to 4'. 8'x16' rectangle shaped.
        I plan to install EPDM liner as soon as the hole is dug.

Comment

Hole is dug...thanks!

Comment

I recomend to fold it along the long sides, in stead of along the short sides.Then the folding will not meet in the middle.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X