Speaking of LFS...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of LFS...

I'm just getting back into the hobby after several years off. I'm going to Katy tomorrow to look at manzanita wood at a guys house and I want to visit a fish store or two between cypress & there. Recommendations?

Thanks!
    Annette

Not too many on that route. Maybe check out T&T off of Highway 6?

Comment

Comment

Nice meeting up Annette. Post pictures once everything is set up

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks! That is a cool link jgldsh. Saving that. I did end up at T&T. It is a super nice store.

Comment

Hey thanks for posting this map. I just moved here from Maryland and did not want to run around chasing stores in the yellow pages or online that say they sell tropical fish when they only have three tanks on display and mostly dog, cat, and reptile stuff.

Lionel

Comment

Comment

I've been to most every LFS in the greater Houston area. The one I frequent are as follows:

- Fish Gallery in Houston on Fountain View between Westheimer and Richmond

- Aquarium World on 290 near Beltway 8

- Aquarium Design Group off 288 and Beltway 8... This is a high end hobby group not as focused on public retail but more on the nuances of the in depth hobbyist

- TnT off highway 6 not to far from Sugar Land Squeeters ball park.

- Aqua Zoo in Webster... The owner has ax wealth of experience. Is well connected and used to be a major distributer.

- Houston Aquarium Warehouse has a new owner. I probably purchased over $5000 in Discus through the years from these guys as I grew and learned the hobby. I'm not raising Discus for now but as I understand it the new owners are getting back into with new license etc. I've appreciated to opportunity to buy ornamental full grown 5-6" Discus. Young ones require a dedicated hobbyist effort to grow out.
                “Semper Procinctum”

Comment

I have been on facebook forums and this forum for over 2 - 3 years and no one mentions ultimate fish in spring. There facebook page hasn't been update in a year and there website hasn't been updated since 2011. I called no one answered so I thought they maybe closed. I happen to be on that side of town about three weeks ago and they are still open. To my surprise that had all kind of peacock cichlids. Lwandas, bi color, blue neon's, nagar flame tails, german reds, lemon jakes, otter points, and flavence. That's what I can remember I think they had more types there. The fish were all adults 4 inchs or bigger all male so you didnt have to buy pairs. ADG and Fish Gallery get these peacocks in but not all at once I haven't seen this variety before in one fish store. I ended up getting a blue neon and lwanda and they are going strong. Just thought it was weird I have never heard of this store before. Has anyone else had experiences with ultimate fish?

Comment

Most of the times I have been there they want to sell Male and Females together and not sell only Males.

Originally posted by amcgee2842 View Post
                    I have been on facebook forums and this forum for over 2 - 3 years and no one mentions ultimate fish in spring. There facebook page hasn't been update in a year and there website hasn't been updated since 2011. I called no one answered so I thought they maybe closed. I happen to be on that side of town about three weeks ago and they are still open. To my surprise that had all kind of peacock cichlids. Lwandas, bi color, blue neon's, nagar flame tails, german reds, lemon jakes, otter points, and flavence. That's what I can remember I think they had more types there. The fish were all adults 4 inchs or bigger all male so you didnt have to buy pairs. ADG and Fish Gallery get these peacocks in but not all at once I haven't seen this variety before in one fish store. I ended up getting a blue neon and lwanda and they are going strong. Just thought it was weird I have never heard of this store before. Has anyone else had experiences with ultimate fish?

Comment

Originally posted by amcgee2842 View Post
                      I LOVE ULTIMATE FISH! Far from me so I rarely get out that way, but they have the best selection of rare & beautiful Africans this side of Lake Malawi

Comment

How long has it been since you've been to Ultimate Fish, Scott? I think your assessment of the selection is a little exaggerated and I wouldn't recommend them at all, as of recent, but Aquazoo is pretty awesome and they won't steer you wrong, just don't have the selection of some of the bigger stores but can order whatever you want, Fish Gallery is way overpriced and infested with disease every time I go there, ADG is an awesome store, but here lately they've had average cichlids for Fish Gallery prices. Aquarium World has your basic stuff for reasonable prices, same as with Aquarium Warehouse. Xtreme fish and pets has surprised me a few times with some not seen every day fish....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X