Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water clarity - help needed

Hi all!
    I need some help with water clarity. I am running an Eheim 2217 on my 72 gallon bow front. Been set up a month now and parameters are all good. I do 10-15% water changes per week. Tank has 3 angels and 3 roselines. I had driftwood, but took it out as the tanins were driving me crazy (after boiling and soaking many times).

Here's my question...what can I do to get my water clear of particulate? My 26 gallon has a HOB, and is crystal clear...but this 72 isn't. Will another 2217 help, will a vortex filter help, or should I do something else? I am reluctant to add a HOB. Ideas????

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I would add some filter floss to the eheim as a top layer. You'll have to change it out frequently at first but it should help tremendously. An alternative would be to temporarily set up either a HOB filter with floss or get an aquaclear powerhead with a pre-filter and stuff it full of floss. A diatom filter would help as well, but it can be expensive.

Comment

Thank you! I have never used an Eheim. Will try your sugestions!

Comment

If you add extra filtration will be the best thing you can do and dont do wather change at least for one week so wather can cure cuz you dont have tha many fish let the filters do hes gob,but again add an other filtration acuaclear 110,or an Emperor400,are your best choices .

Comment

Anyone have experience with a vortex diatom filter? Sounds like a serious piece of equipment.

Comment

Vortex Diatom filter will make your water crystal clear in no time. Also will filter out ick.

Comment

FilterMax PreFilter III and add Purigen as top layer of canister.

Comment

Working...
              X