Apisto Umbrella

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apisto Umbrella

I was wondering if anyone keeps Apsito Umbrellas and if you could answer a few questions.
    First, I was reading online that they like to be kept with leaf litter in the tank. I had never heard of that before and I just didn't know. I have kept glass, cherry, amano, bamboo... shrimp with various types of leaf litter, but I have never heard of having it in a cichlid tank.
    second, what should the ratio of males to females be, and how many of each should i get.
    thanks

Appistos come from waters that flow through rainforest or flooded forest and the substrate is all leaves. Apistos actually breed in the leaf litter not " breeding caves". Gentle current. There are so many YouTube videos of apistos in their natural habitats. Many are from Peru( the river or the tributary that flows through) a country or city collection point.

Comment

cool, thanks, but does anyone know about what the ratio of males to females should be, and how many of each i should buy.

Comment

How big is your tank? I would only suggest one male per tank and up to five females until a pair forms

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Males battle until I need is dead unless the tanks is huge enough for separate territories to form. A 55g might be the smallest size you could house 2 males in

Comment

Okay, so if I only get 1 male and, say 2-3 females, what size tank would I need?

Comment

20 gallon would be fine

Comment

Working...
              X