Fish not eating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish not eating

Added some new fish about 2 weeks ago to my mostly Peacock Mbuna tanks. One of the peacocks I added was active for a few days then he stopped eating and kept to himself. He swam fine just kept to himself. I thought maybe he got bullied and wait a day to see if he would start eating again. He didn’t start eating so I tried getting him out but he was to fast and it was late so I thought he was healthy enough I could do it the next morning. However the next morning he was dead. All the other fish in the tank were eating and fine. So I decide to feed the fish NLS pellets soak with metro plex and focus. All were eating for a few days then one of my yellow labs stopped eating and he was swimming a little funny but never lost his balance. I was able to get him out and I treat the water in the hostpital tank with Metro but he died the next day. Now last night I noticed my favorite fish in the tank my red top lwanda stopped eating so I took him out but not sure what to treat him with since he was eating the food with Metro. Then this morning I saw a dead pleco on the bottom of the tank and removed him. All the fish that have stopped eating or died all looked and swam fine. Don’t see anything external on any of the fish. The only thing I think I notice are the gills on some fish seemed slightly inflamed and they seem to breath a little harder but none are going to the top for air. I think I will pick up some clout for the lwanda.
    1)Which fish have what symptoms: Above answers this
    2)What medications have been tried: Feeding Metro
    3)When they were introduced to the tank, did fish from where they came from have symptoms: None for the first few days then one stopped eating and died
    4)Numbers, size, and types of fish in your tank:20 ish form 3 inches all the way up to 8 inches
    5)What, how much, and how often you feed: Once a night
    6)How much water you change and how often: Latley every 4 days or so 50%
    7)When was the tank set up: 2 years ago
    8)How many gallons: 92
    9)What's your water temperature: 83
    10)What's your ph: 7.8
    11)What's your ammonia level:0
    12)Hardness level: n/a
    13)Type(s) of filter(s): 2217 and 2262
    14)Anything else we should know:
    how old is the fish food ? 6 months
    What is your water source? tap
    if tap water what chemicals does the local water company use ? not sure but haven’t had an issue in 2 years
    if well water have you had it analized ? n/a
    if you use RO water have you added anything ? n/a
    Have you used any chemicals to clean or repair the tank ? nope
    when was the last time you did a water change ? two days ago 50%

could it be flukes?

Comment

How did things go?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X