Sand.. white sand.. black sand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sand.. white sand.. black sand

Hi guys. I just changed my decor on my 125 gallon and the black sand that i have in it is spread very thin. only about 1 in. It was never a big issue before because i only had rocks in it but now I've gone to more of a planted look and things are getting uprooted. Its a 125 long 60x18 base. How much sand more sand would i need? I'm thinking to raise it to 2 1/2 inches . would that be enough. The plants are all of the fake variety but I will add some mixed live plants in the near future.

I would prefer to get pool filter sand as it seems to be the cheapest. I've called a few pool places and they only have the brown color. Does anyone know where i can get the cheapest black sand? If I can't get black. Does anyone know if I can get white sand or the closest to white in color.

Again. not looking for lfs prices. Costs comprable to pool filter sand give or take.

Thanks for your help :)

I have close to 100# of black sand. PM me an offer.

Comment

Has anyone tried sand blasting media. It comes in black and there are posts on the net about using it in aquariums. Its suppose to be comparable to pool filter sand and cheap. I'm still researching it but wanted to know if anyone here has experience. I don't have any diggers but may want to get some clown loaches later.

Comment

The natural gravel is stores is blasting sand. Clemtex sold blasting sand if they are still in business. Yes they would sell to anyone. Just had to buy 50# bags.

Comment

I've used blasting sand before and it's what I will use when I set my 110 back up.

Comment

I use black diamond blasting sand in my Geophagus tank.
            Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Thanks for all the imput guys.. Has anyone used it in a tank that had/had loaches or similar? I have some corydoras in another tank. would it be too sharp for them?

Comment

NO not to sharp for them.

Comment

thanks everyone .. that gives me some peace of mind

Comment

Working...
                  X