No announcement yet.

Tetra brand Aquasafe Water conditioner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tetra brand Aquasafe Water conditioner?

Was in a hurry to do a water change on my goldfish tank and bought this cheap water conditioner from HEB, it says it removes chlorine but no mention of chloramine. Does anyone know if this conditioner is reliable? I'm letting the water cycle with plenty of old water, but I'm just a bit worried for my little buddies

No dechlorinator removes chloramines. Seachem prime or seachem safe is the best. It will break the bond between the chlorine and ammonium then gets rid of the chlorine and the ammonia gets taken care of by your biological filtration

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew_B View Post
      No dechlorinator removes chloramines. Seachem prime or seachem safe is the best. It will break the bond between the chlorine and ammonium then gets rid of the chlorine and the ammonia gets taken care of by your biological filtration
      I looked at the MSDS sheet for prime and it lists one active ingredient. They are using an obscure description of sodium thiosulfate.

I believe this is deceptive because the manufacturer wants us to believe there are multiple ingredients.

Mike

Comment

Working...
      X