Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about updating HFB

Hey guys,

I've been thinking about it, and I've come to the conclusion that HFB is looking pretty outdated. I'm thinking it's time for an update. We are a full version behind in the forum software.

What do you think? Should I upgrade, or just leave it alone?
    Yes. Please upgrade. What are we stuck in, the 1990's?
    88.24%
    No. I don't like change. Leave things alone.
    5.88%
    I don't care what you do, I've got more important things to deal with...like my dirty filter.
    5.88%
    Our Fishhouse
    Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

That is up to you. I love the site. You and the mods. do a great job of keeping it clean. But I know change is good. So if you update I will support you.
    Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

I agree, its entirely up to you. I like knowing all the cool features and functions here, but shifting for more functionality might re-ignite the boards and get back folks on some discussion threads.
      In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
      Desiderius Erasmus
      GHAC President

Comment

An upgrade would be desirable. We need more interaction from members and an upgrade would help. It seems the majority of posts are related to selling equipment.

Mike

Comment

Traci, if times permits, I say update it. The big thing is do you have time to devote to the update? We will support you however we can, just let us know what you may need.
          ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Agreed, I would love to see the box come back to its heyday and activity again
            In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
            Desiderius Erasmus
            GHAC President

Comment

Agreed with everyone. I think an upgrade will be good.
              010G Long fin BN grow-out
              020G Electric blue, Red Fin Borleye FOR SALE
              020G Leulepi grow-out
              020G Leulepi, Julidochromis, chalinochromis, BN breeder
              030G Leulepi breeder
              030G SRD FlowerHorn
              040G Hongi Sweden breeder
              090G Tangs community
              100G Tangs community
              150G Cyphos Moba & Leulepi

Comment

I'm really happy with the group but if you can make it even better, that would be nice!!

Comment

I support you in what you decide. I love this group and feel bad for neglecting it lately.

Comment

Bring back the store map!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by crash83 View Post
                      Bring back the store map!

I never took it away. http://www.houstonfishbox.com/vforum...fish-store-map
                      Our Fishhouse

Comment

Never works when I click it from phone or pc

Comment

Originally posted by imagirlgeek View Post
                          Hey guys,

I've been thinking about it, and I've come to the conclusion that HFB is looking pretty outdated. I'm thinking it's time for an update. We are a full version behind in the forum software.

What do you think? Should I upgrade, or just leave it alone?
                          The software updates being so far behind make the decision to upgrade an easy one.

We we had a work situation like this several years back and we waited to long to upgrade and had to build a whole new program. It was a 7 figure mistake.

go for it we want to keep this forum going

Comment

Originally posted by danielp View Post
                            The software updates being so far behind make the decision to upgrade an easy one.

We we had a work situation like this several years back and we waited to long to upgrade and had to build a whole new program. It was a 7 figure mistake.

go for it we want to keep this forum going
                            That's been in the back of my mind for a while. We are current as far as the dot versions go for v.4, but we'd be upgrading to v.5. And v.5 has been out long enough now that the major bugs 'should' be worked out.

I just wanted to make sure there was interest before doing it because there is a cost associated with the upgrade license. No point in spending the money if no one was really into it.
                            Our Fishhouse

Comment

I rely on HFB when I fall in trouble with my fish or tank. Lately I have been interested in a salt water tank. I like to help out when I can. I have been doing this since I was 18. I'm 48 now.

~ I love my fish

Comment

Working...
                              X