No announcement yet.

Berried amano shrimp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ghost shrimp do breed readily, so i would say thats a good assumption it was a ghost. if you want a colony of ghosts or cherry shrimp to take off, i would remove pretty much all fish in the tank. any fish will feed on baby shrimp. you wont get the numbers you want. with enough cover a few may survive, but not many.

also put a sponge cover over the filter intake or the baby shrimp will be sucked up. other options like panty hose, quilt batting, etc. will also work to cover the intake.

Comment

I'd like to have a shrimp tank set up just for breeding them. Just been short on cash. I'm thinking of either a 3 or 5g

Comment

For now it's survival of the fittest

Comment

Throw some moss in there. They'll love it.
          010G Long fin BN grow-out
          020G Electric blue, Red Fin Borleye FOR SALE
          020G Leulepi grow-out
          020G Leulepi, Julidochromis, chalinochromis, BN breeder
          030G Leulepi breeder
          030G SRD FlowerHorn
          040G Hongi Sweden breeder
          090G Tangs community
          100G Tangs community
          150G Cyphos Moba & Leulepi

Comment

Originally posted by Crush View Post
            I'd like to have a shrimp tank set up just for breeding them. Just been short on cash. I'm thinking of either a 3 or 5g
            shrimp have a remarkably low footprint for bio-load. be surprised how many you can support in a tank. i think its around 10 shrimp per gallon. i would go with biggest you can do at that time

Comment

As suspected the tiny shrimp I was seeing was indead a ghost shrimp. They have gotten big enough to ID. Pretty cool to see those little guys out and about. Couple weeks ago I picked up two wood shrimp. They hide out most of the time but I'll catch them here and there. Really interesting shrimp to have.

Comment

Working...
              X