No announcement yet.

ICH and PH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats! Yes the heat speed up the ICH maturation cycle. Keep us updated.
    010G Long fin BN grow-out
    020G Electric blue, Red Fin Borleye FOR SALE
    020G Leulepi grow-out
    020G Leulepi, Julidochromis, chalinochromis, BN breeder
    030G Leulepi breeder
    030G SRD FlowerHorn
    040G Hongi Sweden breeder
    090G Tangs community
    100G Tangs community
    150G Cyphos Moba & Leulepi

Comment

Ok not a single fish has ick that I can see with the naked eye. So I lower the temp. To 84 degrees for now. I change 35% of the water. I added one more dose of super ick cure and I still have the powerhead pointed up for agitation, oxygen. Both lights are back on. Co2 running. If anything is in the tank it's being killed off now. This was my most fastest time I have gotten rid of ick. Heat is definitely needed for quick recover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

:emt_thumbs: Nice!

However, I read that it does not 100% dead. It fell to the substrate and became dormant. Waiting for the fish to let their guard down, (i.e. stress out) to launch a new attack.
        020G Leulepi grow-out
        030G Leulepi breeder
        030G SRD FlowerHorn
        090G Tangs community
        100G Tangs community

Comment

Well that's not good. I was hoping the medication should kill them all. I'm also going to put any plants in the hospital tank as well for two weeks. Is this like the flu or something along that line. If your immune system is not up to par then POW! Your down for two weeks.

~ I love my fish

Comment

When you do your water change, if you can vacuum the substrate, it would help remove most of them out.
            020G Leulepi grow-out
            030G Leulepi breeder
            030G SRD FlowerHorn
            090G Tangs community
            100G Tangs community

Comment

I did do it. I vacuum best I could. It being lots of plants everywhere I can't imagine I got everything. Oh well at least I'm more ready to stop it. If it happens again.

~ I love my fish

Comment

Bad news. My Raphael striped catfish which I had for 7 years old is not doing well. The medication I used in the tank to kill ick has taken a toll on him. He is now in the hospital tank. All water test are good in there. It's dark and I put I tablet of food in there for him. He has not try to eat yet. It's all about wait and see. The medications that I used all did say this may hurt your catfish and loaches, so I'm not surprised. Just sad. I hope he pulls through. I keep all updated on what I do to see if I can get him back to good health.

~ I love my fish

Comment

If you've raised the temp to cure Ich, it should be up for two weeks (lifecycle of the parasite). Now you are using meds, it has only worked to speed up it's livecycle.

Comment

Well my Raphael Striped cat did not make it. The medication was too much for him. He was a great fish. AKA the talking fish.
                    Yes I did raised the temp to speed up the ick life cycle, but I also used medication every two days and vacuumed and change 35% of the water everyday till I could no longer see any ick on the fish. And when that happen I dosed one more time to kill what ever ick may have been free floating. DoubleDutch do you think I still should keep the temp at 85 degrees? For a longer time? Any advice anybody? Because I really don't want to loose another fish. I still have 2 spotted Raphael's in the big tank.

~ I love my fish

Comment

The spots dissappearing don't say anything of the parasite being there. Most meds only can kill the parasite in the (invisible) free swimming stage !!!
                      Be sure to do and finish the treatment by the manual !!!!! No spots doesn't mean cured !!
                      I

Comment

Well I will raise the heat back to 85 slowly and watch closely the behavior of the fish and any signs of ick. Thank you

~ I love my fish

Comment

Take care there is some good current / aeration!!

Comment

Yes I will point the powerhead up and turn the air up.

~ I love my fish

Comment

OMG! You won't believe what has happened. First of all Raphael striped catfish is Alive! Yes I said Alive! I saw half his body floating and the rest of him not moving and I even tapped on the glass so I assumed he was dead. But nope this fish is swimming around and his color looks better. He did start eating some algae I bought at fish gallery. They sale these sheets of algae and I thought I would try some to see if the fish like it. And yes Raphael is eating that over the loach tablet. I will keep him there for a week and give him the best care I can until I think he his strong enough to go back on his own. Nice to hear good news.

~ I love my fish

Comment

Nice. IME raising temp for 3-5 days with or without salt should get rid of ICH.
                                020G Leulepi grow-out
                                030G Leulepi breeder
                                030G SRD FlowerHorn
                                090G Tangs community
                                100G Tangs community

Comment

Working...
                                X