ICH and PH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICH and PH

Hello everybody. My name is Alex . I live near Galveston behind the dog races. I have questions, my 90gal freshwater, planted, filistar xp3 canister, 4-T5HO, CO2 injection, powerhead, has ICK. I have delt with this long time ago when I lived in kemah. My husband has decided to get in on starting a community tank with me. I don't mind except that he is not doing right. He is so excited that he is putting fish in there to quickly. The water is different over here. I was using well water now it's city water.
    My readings are
    Ammonia-0.25
    Nitrate- 5.0
    Nitrite- 0
    PH- 8.0. This is off the chart for my tank. It should be 7.0

Temp- 86.5. Too fight ICH also malachite green
    I did a water change yesterday 35%
    Co2 injection is unplugged.

I trying to post a pic
    My problem is my Madagascar are full of ick, would it be wise to remove them and treat them in the hospital tank?
    Also why did my PH level kept dropping by .2 before I got hit with ick.
    Is it because of the Co2?
    Thank you in advance. I'm still learning how to use this site.

Also my tank lights are out and the tank is cover

Black pepper is my salt.

Ok I was reading up on more stuff on here. I think it is saying because I was injecting Co2 that is why my Ph was going .2 lower every day.
    Also why my Ph is real high now is because I raised the temp to 86.4 degrees to fight ICK.
    Is this correct? If not simple English please. Brain don't work like it use to.

Comment

Stress is the umber one cause of Ich. City tap water here is about 8.2 right out of the tap. Your co2 will push it down but as soon as you turn off the co2 it comes back up.
      With the temp up and med's your Ich prob. should be gone in a week.
      Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Thank you yes I got these fish from fish gallery, I really like that place, but it's my partner that keeps adding fish strait into my tank. That has stopped yesterday. I now made him buy me a set up for a hospital tank.

The reason I say Ph is 7.0 is because that is what my other tank is.
        It has no Co2 injection, fully planted with low light anubias.
        6 years of growing it has cover the whole bottom except for a small section for the drift wood. Simple HOB aqua clear. Heater at 78.

I love my fish

Comment

I just thought it was 7.0 like the 20 long was. My 90 gallon was dropping to 6.2 Ph, I was getting scared. I don't know when it will stop. But I think all this bouncing around is not good for the fish. Should I plug in my Co2?
          Even though it's covered and I have pointed the powerhead up for agitation.

I love my fish

Comment

Ok I did a 35% water change. I'm out of malachite green. So I added something called super ick cure. My temp is at 87.4. It went a little higher then I wanted. The fish looked a little better. My ram was covered with ick yesterday now he is free of it. My Madagascar still have a lot ick on them. But they are eating and swimming real happy. No deaths. I'm getting in the mail something called rid ick plus from kordon. If they are not better by then I will try that. The lights are off and tank is covered. My plants look bad. I don't like this waiting game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good to hear it's getting better for you.
              010G Long fin BN grow-out
              020G Electric blue, Red Fin Borleye FOR SALE
              020G Leulepi grow-out
              020G Leulepi, Julidochromis, chalinochromis, BN breeder
              030G Leulepi breeder
              030G SRD FlowerHorn
              040G Hongi Sweden breeder
              090G Tangs community
              100G Tangs community
              150G Cyphos Moba & Leulepi

Comment

I usually keep all my tank temperature around 80F. I notice that my clown loach would contract ICH when the temp is cooler. I think the cooler temp is good environment for ICH and it might have stress the fish out and make them more susceptible to disease.
                020G Leulepi grow-out
                030G Leulepi breeder
                030G SRD FlowerHorn
                090G Tangs community
                100G Tangs community

Comment

Did your clown loach ever got ick more then once? I have 5 clown loaches and none of them have ick. But I have always kept the tank at 78 degrees. Do u consider 78 degrees too low?

~ I love my fish

Comment

I don't think 78 is to low. It's what I keep my planted tank. My other tanks are at 82 to 84.

You can run the lights. keep your plants happy.
                    Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

They would get ICH if the temp is too low (70F). I think 78-80 is a good range.
                      020G Leulepi grow-out
                      030G Leulepi breeder
                      030G SRD FlowerHorn
                      090G Tangs community
                      100G Tangs community

Comment

Ok. I going to do that now. It's bringing me down that they are in the dark.

~ I love my fish

Comment

I don't know if anyone else feels like me, but when something happens to my tank, fish, plants, dog, cat I go into this rescue and recover mode like I use to when my kids where little. Sounds a bit silly I guess.

~ I love my fish

Comment

As your signature goes, you love your fish.
                            020G Leulepi grow-out
                            030G Leulepi breeder
                            030G SRD FlowerHorn
                            090G Tangs community
                            100G Tangs community

Comment

Ok good news. Fish and plants are looking much better. I have to say raising the heat slowly up to 85 and malachite green, also I put it in total darkness for 4 days worked real well. Then I raised it to 87.4 and I waited 2 days apart then dose so I could give the ick time to cycle. I also did water changes daily. 35%. I had to get my husband to vacuume the bottom because I am too short. On the 3 or 4 day I did put back the lights and co2 to help the plants recover. No fish or plants have died. They are still eating every day once at night. I did give them something high in iron like frozen blood worms and some good tetra flake as well. Fish are all behaving normal now. Before the ick hit hard I notice the day before that red tail shark was acting a little bit of unnecessary bullying was happening. He is now doing well. Almost gone just two fish have a few ick on them. I will continue this for 2 more days after it is gone on all fish. Good recover I think the heat played a big part in the ick going away quickly.

~ I love my fish

Comment

Working...
                              X