No announcement yet.

Diseased fish now dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've wondered if it's possible that I'm getting old guppies. So far I've lost 3 this week. I'm looking forward to getting the fry from Crizz, but I do have concerns about the guppies that I already have making his sick. I thought the one from Crizz was dead this morning but he was just sleeping in a log. lol He's a beautiful boy.

Comment

Back in the day my boys didn't die off fast either.

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
      hard to tell. way back in the day i had guppies live pretty long lives, male and female. there is no telling in store how old they are but its possible

Comment

I used to be able to keep guppies for years. Now I don't even want to try. I hear a lot about these little guys die off real easy and they are being over breed. Just like the beta's are being over breed. My first beta in a long time lasted 8 months. That tank was fully planted at 7.0, simple HOB, heater. And that is it. I have a new one going on 3 months now, so it's kinda wait and watch game. I do miss the guppies. Aquarium world is one of the best places to get your fish. So is fish gallery, but the fish I got from there last all came with ick. I don't think we could predict correctly every fish will be able to handle the stress that these little guys go through. I now got a hospital tank and for now on there will be a two week monitor.

~ I love my fish

Comment

Lifespan

The lifespan of a guppy is up to five years but under optimum conditions. Comparatively, the lifespan of a goldfish is over 25 years but few people have kept them this long. Guppies can breed up to three years of age. Some species of rockfish from the cold waters of Alaska can live more than 150 years. Therefore, some of these fish were born during our Civil War in the 1860s.

Mike

Originally posted by ptran View Post
          According to a source, female guppy last about 2 years while male only last about 3-4 months. Is that correct?
          Maybe the guppies you got just die of old age?

Comment

I always understood the reason goldfish don't live long is because they are supposed to be in cooler water. I always wanted to try the ,but I didn't want to pay a lot for a chiller.

~ I love my fish

Comment

The rockfish salt or fresh? I herd that there is a salt one one. Are you talking about a freshwater fish?

~ I love my fish

Comment

Originally posted by mredman View Post
                The lifespan of a guppy is up to five years but under optimum conditions. Comparatively, the lifespan of a goldfish is over 25 years but few people have kept them this long. Guppies can breed up to three years of age. Some species of rockfish from the cold waters of Alaska can live more than 150 years. Therefore, some of these fish were born during our Civil War in the 1860s.

Mike
                150 years for a fish is impressive. But how is Civil war linked to the breeding of these fish (just wondering )
                010G Long fin BN grow-out
                020G Electric blue, Red Fin Borleye FOR SALE
                020G Leulepi grow-out
                020G Leulepi, Julidochromis, chalinochromis, BN breeder
                030G Leulepi breeder
                030G SRD FlowerHorn
                040G Hongi Sweden breeder
                090G Tangs community
                100G Tangs community
                150G Cyphos Moba & Leulepi

Comment

He meant that some of the fish were born during the civil war and is still alive.

Comment

The rockfish species are marine fish and live near our west coast from California to Alaska.

200-year-old rockfish: A Seattle resident caught a shortraker rockfish, which at some two centuries old might be the oldest one ever caught.

Mike

Comment

The rockfish species are marine fish and live near our west coast from California to Alaska.

200-year-old rockfish: A Seattle resident caught a shortraker rockfish, which at some two centuries old might be the oldest one ever caught.

Mike

Awesome. And a scary looking fish.

Comment

Mike
                        Cool. Learn something new everyday.
                        010G Long fin BN grow-out
                        020G Electric blue, Red Fin Borleye FOR SALE
                        020G Leulepi grow-out
                        020G Leulepi, Julidochromis, chalinochromis, BN breeder
                        030G Leulepi breeder
                        030G SRD FlowerHorn
                        040G Hongi Sweden breeder
                        090G Tangs community
                        100G Tangs community
                        150G Cyphos Moba & Leulepi