• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good to know...thanks

Comment

how many would be sufficient for a 60g do you think

Comment

6-10 should be fine for a start, they do breed slowly in tanks. It just takes awhile and I usually give away extras to local keepers and just ask they do the same. That aquarium Place has them, as with most decent shops (not Petco/Petsmart)
        In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
        Desiderius Erasmus
        GHAC President

Comment

I went to fish gallery today to price a biocube for my daughter...possible b-day/Christmas present, she has been wanting seahorses and im not so sure about all that. anyways seen their price for assassin snails, if I get them from there im gonna have to wait a couple of weeks or so. trying real hard not to spend anymore for a bit and paythings off.

Comment

Well the green killing machine lives up to its name! I'd give it another day or so and tank should be crystal clear. I'll post up some before and after pics when it's fully cleared up. Checked on my water perameters and looking good there.

Comment

What green killing machine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              010G Long fin BN grow-out
              020G Electric blue, Red Fin Borleye FOR SALE
              020G Leulepi grow-out
              020G Leulepi, Julidochromis, chalinochromis, BN breeder
              030G Leulepi breeder
              030G SRD FlowerHorn
              040G Hongi Sweden breeder
              090G Tangs community
              100G Tangs community
              150G Cyphos Moba & Leulepi

Comment

That's the name of a uv sterilizer (clarifier).

Comment

Gotcha! Congrats on winning this battle.
                  020G Leulepi grow-out
                  030G Leulepi breeder
                  030G SRD FlowerHorn
                  090G Tangs community
                  100G Tangs community

Comment

as promised before and after pics

day after a 75% water change and right after installing the green killing machine 24w sterilizer

day 2

day 3

day 4
                    Last edited by Crush; 08-25-2015, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Great. Looking crystal clear again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      020G Leulepi grow-out
                      030G Leulepi breeder
                      030G SRD FlowerHorn
                      090G Tangs community
                      100G Tangs community

Comment

I'm glad too, it would be devistating to spend that much money on a sterilizer and it not even clear up the water

Comment

Well Iv been looking more and more into co2 and Iv got a couple of questions. First off the setup I'm thinking consists of the aquatek "deluxe" regulator with bubble counter, 5# tank, greenleaf atomic diffuser, co2 resistant tubing, and a drop checker. This is the basic to start me off but my questions are- is the new "deluxe" aquatek regulator adjustable? I know older models were set pressures but you use a needle valve to fine tune with. Which atomic diffuser would be best for my 60g? What's an easy to read drop checker or maybe a simple inexpensive digital co2 monitor?

Comment

Another question...5# tank or 10# tank? I was looking at things more and noticed the height is the same but the 10# is wider. Besides the benefit of more capacity it's also more stable therefore harder to knock over. $20 bux more I figured why not but is it worth it? Anyone got a rough estimate of how long a 10# would last? I guess I'm asking how long do your tanks last you all?

Comment

I have a 20lb Co2 tank. I was told it should last a least a year. Since I have not had it that long I can't say if it is true or not. But if it is then yours May last to 6 months.
                              I'm sure someone else may know for sure.

~ I love my fish

Comment

With the plants you have right now, there is no need for co2. I had a 10 pound tank on a 65 gallon with carpeting plants (hc) and other "harder to maintain" plants. Lasted about 6 months. With the low maint plants you have, you could easily stretch that over 8 months. It all depends on how many bubbles of co2 you use (per sec, per min, however you want to measure it).

Also, I zoomed in on one of your later, clear water pics. Do you have some of your anubias rhizomes buried in the substrate? If you do, pull them out. Plants like them, and java fern, as well as others like to have their rhizomes above substrate. Hence why they do so well attached to wood and rocks.

Did a quick google of the regulator you mentioned and it is adjustable (found a description on amazon).

Out of curiosity, what wattage are your t5 bulbs and how many do you have? It looks like your hairgrass is dying out, or at least not spreading. Maybe bc of the substrate, or the lighting. Need a fair amount of light to get it to spread.

Sorry if you mention any of these things in earlier posts. I looked through them quickly, so may have missed something.

Comment

Working...
                                X