No announcement yet.

Betta Soroity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They haven't spawned in awhile. They were every 3wks like clock work. I'm not unhappy about it but I think it's odd.

Originally posted by ptran View Post
    That's right. I forgot about your Brichardi.

Comment

Probably taking a break. My leulepi breeders sometimes take a long break and I thought that was it for them, but they came back strong with a big clutch.
      010G Long fin BN grow-out
      020G Electric blue, Red Fin Borleye FOR SALE
      020G Leulepi grow-out
      020G Leulepi, Julidochromis, chalinochromis, BN breeder
      030G Leulepi breeder
      030G SRD FlowerHorn
      040G Hongi Sweden breeder
      090G Tangs community
      100G Tangs community
      150G Cyphos Moba & Leulepi

Comment

That's very good to know. I was concerned as to whether something is wrong but everyone is growing and eating well. I wouldn't mind if they only bred once or twice a year but I know that's not likely. LOL

Probably taking a break. My leulepi breeders sometimes take a long break and I thought that was it for them, but they came back strong with a big clutch.

Comment

I traded my Brichardi colony with T&T. They are in the main display tank in the front with some other Tangs. Stopped by there yesterday and I saw many little Brichardi fry swimming at the bottom. These guys will breed none-stop, unless they take a break.
          020G Leulepi grow-out
          030G Leulepi breeder
          030G SRD FlowerHorn
          090G Tangs community
          100G Tangs community

Comment

Crizz and I saw your brichardi there! I was ohhhing over them.

I traded my Brichardi colony with T&T. They are in the main display tank in the front with some other Tangs. Stopped by there yesterday and I saw many little Brichardi fry swimming at the bottom. These guys will breed none-stop, unless they take a break.

Comment

I cleaned the brichardi tank this weekend and noticed right away that they quickly dug a hole in their favorite spot. Every day when I get home I look for fry.

Comment

Originally posted by Beth777 View Post
                I cleaned the brichardi tank this weekend and noticed right away that they quickly dug a hole in their favorite spot. Every day when I get home I look for fry.
                Won't be long
                Emerald Green Rainbowfish
                Yellow Rabbit Snails

Comment

Feed them a cube of brine shrimp to speed up the waiting. That and a water change will trigger the breeding again.
                  020G Leulepi grow-out
                  030G Leulepi breeder
                  030G SRD FlowerHorn
                  090G Tangs community
                  100G Tangs community

Comment

Ok, I'll try that. More than anything I just want to make sure they're ok. Found a dead mystery snail in the tank. UGH! Moved the other one to the 20gal so I can keep a better eye on it. I know a dead snail like that is VERY dangerous.

Feed them a cube of brine shrimp to speed up the waiting. That and a water change will trigger the breeding again.

Comment

Wow how interestng! I wouldn't have dared try 2 males together. How long have your boys been together? I just watched another video where the guy has 1 male and 5 females together. Another thing I would not have dreamed of trying. He added the male last and he says the male and one of the females have become inseparable. I have to say that when I was a kid I had a male and female together and they were fine. I didn't know any better and I guess I got lucky. Very interesting ptran. Thank you sharing that. I guess it's like they say, "The fish don't read the rule book." I thought you were pulling my leg about having guppies. LOL Here's the male & 5 females

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Et40jmwgw8

They aren't super active right now, as it is evening, but I have 8 betta girls from a successful breeding, all sharing a 10 gallon. I'm trying to find them homes, but everyone I have talked to wants a few to throw into a 2 gallon with something else, and I can't bear it. They need more space, but otherwise get along fairly well.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

Comment

Awww Melanie! I just got 4 other girls today and now I have 5 in my 10gal. They are soooooo beautiful, and without it being a conscious thing, with the exception of 1 it looks like I've wound up with a pink and purple sorority! One of them looked white at the store but once I got her home she turned such a beautiful soft pink! She's like a rose. 4 of my girls were living together at fish gallery and my little Katie didn't mind them at all. I was very worried about her but had hope since she's only been here a week and is still settling in. No one has flared at all, they're just zipping around the tank as though they're so happy. I wish you could've seen the body language when they saw the frogs! Ohmygosh it was soooo funny!

I really hate the way people treat these beautiful little fish. They're such jewels and deserve so much better!

Comment

Working...
                        X